Valued Contributor

Re: Gilded Frames Around a Mantel

The scale of this room is off somehow. It almost looks like a miniature or doll house room. Maybe the camera angle?

The ceiling looks extraordinarily low and the picture frames aren't helping. I would remove them all.....maybe replace with a nice mirror or two? Something to open the ceiling up somehow.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

This is amateur work.  Do not like the pictures around the fireplace.  The two sofas are too big for the room. Let's just say, I don't like the room at all.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

No thank you to the whole room.

Honored Contributor

I dont care for all that art work around the fireplace....Not much space to work with between the mantel and ceiling...maybe just some nice decor pieces on the mantel  would be better....and not have any art work....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Not a fan of gilded anything---and there are too many of the same size as well as just too many.... period---makes the ceiling look really low

Esteemed Contributor

This is a total gut job.  Well, I do like the pillow on the far end of the two sofas.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

The room is very unappealing!

Honored Contributor

No, I don't care for this room at all.......The pictures don't do the room any justice, and the rug doesn't seem to go with the room either. The couches are ok, and the fireplace could be nice if decorated differently. To me the room is very uninspiring...