Valued Contributor

Gilded Age Mansion Featured in 'The Age of Innocence' on the Market for $6.5 Million

This nineteeth-century home featured in Martin Scorsese's The Age of Innocence, has hit the market for $6.5 million.

Located just 25 miles north of New York City, the property is nestled in the quaint yet upscale town of Irvington-on-Hudson in Westchester County.

The estate, also known as the Villa Nuits, was built in 1853 and boasts nine bedrooms and eight full bathrooms. Expanding across five acres of lush green land, the 12,500-square-foot property rests just beside the Hudson River.

You can see picture's of mansion on People magazine's website (which is where this info came from).

Honored Contributor

Re: Gilded Age Mansion Featured in 'The Age of Innocence' on the Market for $6.5 Million

The house has its own website with numerous pictures, inside and out. Just Google the name...

villa-nuits

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Gilded Age Mansion Featured in 'The Age of Innocence' on the Market for $6.5 Million

The conservatory...

villa-nuits

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Stunning, Spectacular elegant estate,  beautiful location, I love this type of home, always have.  I love all the space and furnishing it would be a wonderful time as I have certain tastes which would fit the estate.  The only thing I lack is the six million plus price!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Many thanks for your introduction to this beautiful gem!

Having taught Interior Design, I find the roof lines rather curious since the age of Victorian style was between the years of 1837-1901.

Honored Contributor

515101902-153247832.jpg (2000×1333)    This is a beautiful home both inside and out. Thanks for this interesting post.    

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Interesting image of the house, @stevieb.  I wonder about the reason for the home's apparent asymmetry (columns, roof lines, and shutters), and the seemingly missing window shutters on the first and second floors of the left side of the image. As I am more of a symmetrical gal, I don't like that aspect of the home.