Honored Contributor

Re: Gigantic Cream Kitchen, Many Finishes

I like the room, flooring, and cabinetry.  Not fond of the countertops, backsplash or the seating.

Honored Contributor

I would let the blue design at the eating area go and give the area more unity with the kitchen.

LOVE the space and design.  I would put an antique table in there for variety.  There's too much unity.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you make that kitchen smaller and take out the extra stuff that would be my kitchen (and wall color) except our cabinets are dark.  

I contemplate painting them, but then dread chipping paint.

No, light doesn't always work to make something spacious.  In fact white comes forward and dark colors recede.  A lot depends on how much lighting you have.

@Sooner , I love rich, dark cabinets. I'm not at all a fan of white cabinets other other colors on cabinets.

However, if I were to paint cabinets, I would make sure they were sprayed and not painted with a brush or roller.  IMO spraying looks so much better.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

If you make that kitchen smaller and take out the extra stuff that would be my kitchen (and wall color) except our cabinets are dark.  

I contemplate painting them, but then dread chipping paint.

No, light doesn't always work to make something spacious.  In fact white comes forward and dark colors recede.  A lot depends on how much lighting you have.

@Sooner , I love rich, dark cabinets. I'm not at all a fan of white cabinets other other colors on cabinets.

However, if I were to paint cabinets, I would make sure they were sprayed and not painted with a brush or roller.  IMO spraying looks so much better.   

@Lipstickdiva I AGREE!  Woman Very Happy  I know back in the day there were artists in painting cabinets who used expensive brushes, paints and had the skill--and they were very well paid.

I also think it would be better to start with new doors.

Not so any more!  It's hard to find a really good painter!

Honored Contributor

the countertop pattern is too busy.  I do not like anything about this kitchen except the floors.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

It is too busy for me but worse than that is there aren't many upper cabinets. The dishwasher has no cabinet above so how far do you have to walk when emptying it. I like cabinets close to the dishwasher so that I can put the dishes away right there.