Trusted Contributor

Re: Gigantic Cream Kitchen, Many Finishes

Ghastly !

More money than taste.

Honored Contributor

I Love the kitchen but would do away with the rope design on the cabinets, the ceiling design, the island base design, and the backsplash. 

All those would have to be solid and not a pattern. The granite is busy enough without all the other designs competing for attention.

Honored Contributor

I think it is very lovely--am a fan of creamy rather than stark white---not a huge fan of the busy countertops and it is a huge room--way to big for me anymore but I do like it. am sure it cost a fortune too

Valued Contributor

Love a kitchen w ceiling height cabinets or including molding! And like the color overall of the cabinets. But the blue tile, dark counter island/table is TOTALLY out of place. Plus the granite counter & herringbone both used as a backsplash/wall are competing against each other. Pick 1 & be done! Either they got a great deal on lots of things or just picked everything they liked & threw it all together...it creates a look that looks anything but "finished". It's got a great start! lol

If it was mine, I'd pick a different countertop & different backsplash & use the backsplash I picked on ALL vertical surfaces. The current blue table/island I'd refinish as cabinets or the same color as the cabinets w detail mimicking the cabinet trim. The counter on this would match all other counter surfaces.
Trusted Contributor

The granite counter top makes it look too busy.  It would look better if the granite was more solid grey or black. 

Trusted Contributor

If  you can get to a grocery store from wherever that huge kitchen is, I'm sold.  It's beautiful!  Wouldn't change a thing.

Honored Contributor

BTW, when people here mention DIZZY, this below is what is dizzifying to me.  I think it's an overused term here when people mean "busy" or "too many patterns" or "not my taste."

Put in a spoiler for those who are often "dizzy." Click at your own rsk.

Spoiler

ilusión óptica de panda por Ilja Klemencov

Honored Contributor

I have a tiny kitchen and it's totally cream.  Cabinets, wall color matched exactly and the granite is mostly cream with just a bit of darker veining.  It's what I wanted.  Does it make it look bigger?  No.  It's still the same size.  Tiny.

But it's a happy, bright room from sunrise till early afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Oh dear...

Respected Contributor

To me, even though the colors are light, there's a feeling of heaviness in this kitchen.