Respected Contributor

Getting wax out of Homeworx glass?

I used to put the glass bowls( not sure if they are called jars) in freezer to pop off wax after candle has burned.  I don’t seem to be having much luck. The other on in set of 2 scratched when I tried to scrub it out. The bowls are colored so don’t want that.

H218184

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting wax out of Homeworx glass?

I always use hot water. Make sure the glass isn't cold and pour hot water in. I use a spoon to scrap off the larger chunks and toss in the trash, then dump most of the water out and hot water and a paper towel work well to clean up the rest. 

I pour hot water in the glass and get a paper towel wet with hot water. Let the glass sit for a moment to heat up, then dump the water and go in with the towel. I use water from my Keurig.

Esteemed Contributor

I run hot water  over  the glass and just slip it right out.takes about a minute. Wipe with a paper towel,then wash.  Done!

Valued Contributor

If you’re talking about removing the leftover wax, you should just use hot water in the sink. You can pop the entirety of an unburned candle out if you freeze it for an hour, put down a coupe folded up paper towels on the counter top a cushioning, then turn the candle upside down and bang it on the cushioning.