Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting ready to watch CIJ 'Deck the Halls' at midnight

Sooooooo.....there is a road trip planned to Susan's house....those blueberry muffins do look good....do you think if i leave now i will get there by midnight....lol...

Valued Contributor

Yes,  Circles. But Lucy and I could pick you up~ there might be room for one more on the broom. Where shall we pick you up? I can smell those blueberry muffins right now.

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

No, Lucy, let's surprise Susan Louise. Hopefully she will ask us to stay with her. I would like to see all of her birds that visit her feeders. We can stay long enough to help her decorate early for the holidays. I know we can talk her into it, we can tell her that she won't have to worry about having the time to fuss with holiday decor! (smile)

I'm wondering if those people in the white coats are circling around us now.  lol  I'm sure her DH would love for us to show up and stay a few days.  I have a neice near Lincoln and we could even fly over and make her happy too.  Together, we can think of a lot of things to do to help people out.  Bahahaha  I don't think this is what QVC had in mind for this forum and the moderators may poof it.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Awwwww...Bless your hearts everyone! Plenty of muffins and pears to go around. I could always make a 2nd batch so ya'll can take some home too for the trip back.

Lucymo, maybe you can swing by and pick up Peter too Smiley Very Happy

Rosehill,

The recipe is out of a 40+ yr old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook my mom gave to me when I moved into my apt. It's just their basic muffin recipe and I just added the fresh blueberries. I've tried frozen blueberries, but it's just not the same...fresh ones make a big difference! Smiley Happy

Well, I'm riding with Rose but I know she won't mind swinging through Little Rock to pick up Peter.

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

Sooooooo.....there is a road trip planned to Susan's house....those blueberry muffins do look good....do you think if i leave now i will get there by midnight....lol...

Absolutely, circles.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

Being as I have no sense of direction....I will just stand on the highway ....you will recognize me by the curly gray hair...short chubby body...gee....I hope there is room on that broom....

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

No, Lucy, let's surprise Susan Louise. Hopefully she will ask us to stay with her. I would like to see all of her birds that visit her feeders. We can stay long enough to help her decorate early for the holidays. I know we can talk her into it, we can tell her that she won't have to worry about having the time to fuss with holiday decor! (smile)

I'm wondering if those people in the white coats are circling around us now.  lol  I'm sure her DH would love for us to show up and stay a few days.  I have a neice near Lincoln and we could even fly over and make her happy too.  Together, we can think of a lot of things to do to help people out.  Bahahaha  I don't think this is what QVC had in mind for this forum and the moderators may poof it.  :-)

Nothing crazy about it at all Lucymo,...would be pretty cool!!! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Awwwww...Bless your hearts everyone! Plenty of muffins and pears to go around. I could always make a 2nd batch so ya'll can take some home too for the trip back.

Lucymo, maybe you can swing by and pick up Peter too Smiley Very Happy

Rosehill,

The recipe is out of a 40+ yr old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook my mom gave to me when I moved into my apt. It's just their basic muffin recipe and I just added the fresh blueberries. I've tried frozen blueberries, but it's just not the same...fresh ones make a big difference! Smiley Happy

Well, I'm riding with Rose but I know she won't mind swinging through Little Rock to pick up Peter.

LOL...yep, I had a 'senior moment'...got you and Rosehill mixed up on who was picking up who...and edited that post...LOL

Pretty cool...Peter isn't all too far away from here either Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

Being as I have no sense of direction....I will just stand on the highway ....you will recognize me by the curly gray hair...short chubby body...gee....I hope there is room on that broom....

Bless your heart circles...ROFL! You're a hoot! I have no doubt at the speed the broomsticks travel, they can make 2 trips and swing back around and pick you up!

*Heads to kitchen to start making a 2nd batch of muffins* Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

Nothing crazy about it at all Lucymo,...would be pretty cool!!! Smiley Very Happy

It sure would be cool.  I can see circles standing there on the highway waiting for us to fly by on Rose's broom to pick her up.  :-)