Honored Contributor

Getting ready to watch CIJ 'Deck the Halls' at midnight

[ Edited ]

I just made some home-made blueberry muffins with fresh blueberries for a midnight snack tonight for my DH and I...will be serving them with chilled sliced pears...YUM! Smiley Very Happy

P1520382.JPG

Valued Contributor

Re: Getting ready to watch CIJ 'Deck the Halls' at midnight

What beautiful muffins, SL! Is the recipe online somewhere? You are so lucky that your hubby will watch with you!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just made some home-made blueberry muffins with fresh blueberries for a midnight snack tonight for my DH and I...will be serving them with chilled sliced pears...YUM! Smiley Very Happy

P1520382.JPG

Oh, geez, now I'm thinking blueberries.  Looks good and you guys enjoy the show and the muffins.

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

What beautiful muffins, SL! Is the recipe online somewhere? You are so lucky that your hubby will watch with you!

Rose, if we hurry, we might make it to NE in time to help them eat those muffins.  :-)

Honored Contributor

SL, your blueberry muffins look so good, and I love chilled pears. Both of you enjoy. 😊

Valued Contributor

Ok, Lucy~ we have a plan. I will leave Ohio immediately, stop in Missouri to pick you up and make it to Nebraska by midnight! I'll be coming on my broom, and luckily, there is room for one more!

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Ok, Lucy~ we have a plan. I will leave Ohio immediately, stop in Missouri to pick you up and make it to Nebraska by midnight! I'll be coming on my broom, and luckily, there is room for one more!

Hey, Rose, I'll be waiting.  What a blast that would be.  Do you think we need to warn Susan Louise that we're coming?  LOL

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Those look yummy, Susan!  I just opened a bottle of wine.  I've had quite the day, and I hope I make it to Deck the Halls!

Valued Contributor

No, Lucy, let's surprise Susan Louise. Hopefully she will ask us to stay with her. I would like to see all of her birds that visit her feeders. We can stay long enough to help her decorate early for the holidays. I know we can talk her into it, we can tell her that she won't have to worry about having the time to fuss with holiday decor! (smile)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awwwww...Bless your hearts everyone! Plenty of muffins and pears to go around. I could always make a 2nd batch so ya'll can take some home too for the trip back.

Rosehill, is that one of those Nimbus 2000 broomsticks from Harry Potter? Smiley Very Happy

The recipe is out of a 40+ yr old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook my mom gave to me when I moved into my apt. It's just their basic muffin recipe and I just added the fresh blueberries. I've tried frozen blueberries, but it's just not the same...fresh ones make a big difference! Smiley Happy