Esteemed Contributor

Re: Get Organized- Celebrities or “Normal “ People?

Oh, normal for sure. Can't relate to someone whose walk in closet is the size of my living room.

Honored Contributor

I can use all the help I can get for organizing

I don't know where stuff should go.

Professional organizers have great ideas, we had one come to talk to us at work.

But I bet this is going to be way more scripted than most of these "reality" shows, like flippers, etc.

I know very little about today's pop culture, since I won't know who they are, for all I know, they are normal people!

Respected Contributor

I understand not relating to "celebrity" homes, but I am sure there has to be a tidbit of information that I could incorporate into my home.  It's interesting to see how the other side lives, but I enjoy what I have and appreciative of it.  No jealousy.

Valued Contributor

I am no longer interested in anything celebrities do, with one exception: Kate Middleton who I do enjoy seeing pictures of her clothes, hair and especially children.
Celebrities don’t live normally, so why on earth see their homes or hear about how they organize. They have $ and resources average people don’t have.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Honestly I don't care to see anyone get organized.  Most people know what they need to do; they just need to be motivated to do it.

I completely agree @faeriemoon. The entire 'get organized' industry is, to me, nothing more than a sham. I know exactly what I need to do but having the gumption, necessary help and motivation to do it is the problem. No amount of someone suggesting 'keep', 'donate' and 'toss' piles or some supposed guru suggesting I fondle all my processions to see which ones bring me 'joy' is going to make a bit of difference, except to their bank accounts...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I am a neat freak and an organizational queen. I don’t really need to see or learn organizational tips, but I’d rather watch a “normal” person try to get organized. 

Honored Contributor

I won't watch, and I love organizing, celebrities hold no interest for me.

....this reminds of the the ancestry show where celebs found out who they were related to.....no interest in that show either.

Super Contributor

NORMAL.  Celebs are full of it, and kinda creepy these days.

Honored Contributor

Why would I want to see how those people's housekeepers, personal assistants, maids and paid organizers keep their house?  Puzzling to me at best.

I will say beginning with Martha Stewart WAY back in the 80's I have benefited from how she has made her house and storage more attractive and from her housekeeping hints and examples.

I am also a fan of Marie Kondo because there is a part of me at home with a minimalist aesthetic. So I enjoyed her little shows where she was helping people. 

Frequent Contributor

Normal, especially small space. People can be super creative and I get some good ideas.