Honored Contributor

Oh, yes, @jubilant , that get-away, "cocooned" vibe in a new, unfamiliar place is so much fun and kind of adventurous.  I always love it in a hotel room that you have all those little conveniences right there at hand!  Feels so luxurious to be able to make your coffee whenever you want, and if there are any complementary chocolates or whatever, so much the better!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is my idea of a get-away-bedroom, a room with a view.  That's Albuquerque down below. 

Screenshot_20210729-143209_Facebook.jpg

@Kachina624 

I think I can see my house...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

It is a nice place, but I don't care for framed beds and I agree w/other posters that it needs brightening up.

Esteemed Contributor

It reminds me of a Motel Room so It's not for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't love the decor but other than the bed, which I don't like, I don't actively dislike it. I'd certainly make changes, among which would be to introduce a little color. That said, unless I lived in a very large house whrere getting to the kitchen is a bit of a trek, I'd not want a kitchenette in the bedroom. This sort of smacks of a nicer hotel and that's not a look I'd embrace in my residence.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like the whole idea of a suite complete with everything you would need, but I don't like the darkness of it or the decor at all.  It's very depressing.  I would like something with color and light.  Then it would be really inviting!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

This decor is just blah and having a kitchenette doesn't change that. 

When I go to the beach, the rooms are equipped with a kitchenette (bigger than what's shown here) or  just a fridge, microwave & coffeemaker.  I've stayed in both tpes of rooms.  Plus you have a balcony overlooking the ocean.   Now that's a getaway bedroom!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

Hope that flooring is waterproof as I would worry about plumbing issues with a wet bar in the bedroom.  I suppose I could see a wet bar in a vacation rental but not in my home.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I like the whole idea of a suite complete with everything you would need, but I don't like the darkness of it or the decor at all.  It's very depressing.  I would like something with color and light.  Then it would be really inviting!  

@AngelPuppy1   I agree.  It would have to lighten up and be a little more cozy for me, too!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Get- A- Way Bedroom

[ Edited ]

@Bunsnoop wrote:

I love it.  It would be so handy to have the convenience of a small kitchen right in the bedroom, rather than having to keep making a trip downstairs to the kitchen.  Especially nice too for those that are not very mobile or if you, for example, had an elderly parent - it would be a lot safer rather than having them go through a dark house at night to get to the kitchen.  

@Bunsnoop   That's exactly how I feel.  First of all I am night blind so no more walking to the other end of the house at nigh twith a flashlight. Night lights bother DH and he can't sleep with a door shut so I  wouldn't have to worry about waking him.   Also your dresser storage could be built in and no need to move dressers around.   One could pretty much live in a bedroom like this.  If I ever need to take my 91 year old mother in, it would be ideal for her.  My computer is already in my bedroom.  It would almost be like and efficiency apartment!