Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

I would love to move back tomorrow! Unfortunately, though my employer would force me to become a contractor instead of employee & I would lose out on all my extremely good benefits.  So, it's going to be a while.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

We’ll leave the light 💡 on for you.!

Could you have friends and family start looking around for you a bit, just some advanced planning?  

I know it will I’ll be a while.

@SurferWife 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Absolutely stunning and so gracious.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee, Gracious, yes, true and a lovely description...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I was fortunate to live in Savannah for 67 years. Back in the 60's when I was in college I went to a Halloween party in that house way before it was restored. I am probably biased but I do not think there is a more beautiful or magical city than Savannah. I just read for the second time Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Highly recommend it. I miss my hometown but I try to go "home" once a year. For those wanting to visit Savannah wait until October or November. June, July, August and Setember are brutal with the heat and humidity. 

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@stevieb 

As a resident of Savannah, I can attest to the lovely homes and architecture here!

Come visit sometime!

@KingstonsMom  I'm coming also. I'm right here in Snellville. Does Paula Dean still live in Savannah? As long as she isn't there I will come lol.

@Sage04    I think she still lives there. Paula lived on Wilmington Island a bedroom community of Savannah. I lived there many years.  I used to see her in the Publix on Wilmington Island. She was always gracious and friendly. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I was fortunate to live in Savannah for 67 years. Back in the 60's when I was in college I went to a Halloween party in that house way before it was restored. I am probably biased but I do not think there is a more beautiful or magical city than Savannah. I just read for the second time Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Highly recommend it. I miss my hometown but I try to go "home" once a year. For those wanting to visit Savannah wait until October or November. June, July, August and Setember are brutal with the heat and humidity. 

@50Mickey  I so enjoyed that book. I wish I'd kept it, but gave it to someone else to enjoy years ago. I can always check the library. Agree with you on the best times to visit. I think Savannah and Charleston are both pretty special.

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

What a treat for the senses! The chair in blue and white, the wallpaper and ivory loveseat, and those round marble top tables....

I absolutely adore that chair... Were I ever to stay there I'd have to figure a way to get it out the door and to my car... Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Georgia On My Mind...

[ Edited ]

The house from the outside is absolutely beautiful. The inside is formal and matches the house outside but it does not give you that lived in feeling.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  there aren't many places I return to visit but Savannah is one and is at the top of my list.  Lovely walkable city!  LM