Honored Contributor

Gathering Together Around a Pretty Table...

Some pretty autumn inspired tablescapes...

Place-Setting-500x591.jpg

ThanksgivingOpener.jpg

Florals-500x673.jpg

Turkey-Plate-scaled-e1667239960930-500x657.jpg

Florals-setting-scaled.jpg

sl_image001_RGB_1050x700_1990714.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Gathering Together Around a Pretty Table...

I love these tablescapes!!!!  The decor is festive and warm, lovely and inviting.  For me it says welcome to the table and enjoy the feast!  

Honored Contributor

I love the pinecone dishes !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

Thanks a bunch for these. 

My Thanksgiving table looks more like #3.  I still have old European furniture in my DR, Blue Danube China ( plus Lenox Tyler) as I never know how many (girlfriends and boyfriends) will show. I use my grandmother's old coarsely monogrammed (probably embroidered) white napkins with her initial in blue,a shrimp-colored ceramic pumpkin filled with flowers (grocery store florist), an Army-Navy tablecloth with a burnt orange runner of coarse fabric embroidered with white acorns and a ceramic turkey platter for the bird (or whatever meat I am serving).  I am old school.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@stevieb 

Thanks a bunch for these. 

My Thanksgiving table looks more like #3.  I still have old European furniture in my DR, Blue Danube China ( plus Lenox Tyler) as I don't always know how many will many show up.  I use my grandmother's old coarsely monogrammed (probably embroidered) white napkins with her initial in blue,a shrimp-colored ceramic pumpkin filled with flowers (grocery store florist), an Army-Navy tablecloth with a burnt orange runner of coarse fabric embroidered with white acorns and a ceramic turkey platter for the bird (or whatever meat I am serving).  I am old school.

@Nonametoday  I'm glad you enjoyed the post and your table sounds just lovely! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love the pinecone dishes !

@QVCkitty1  I do too. I appreciate that they're seasonal and could span the entire holiday period without being a more obviously 'festive' pattern, though some of those patterns, too, are very lovely.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  What a nice post to look at. I love the pinecone dishes too and the turkey plates are a hoot. So cute.

Thanks for the post.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

May sound silly to some, but beautiful tablescapes are one of my private little pleasures and treasures of life.  

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@stevieb  What a nice post to look at. I love the pinecone dishes too and the turkey plates are a hoot. So cute.

Thanks for the post.Smiley Happy

@Queen of shop  Thank you and glad you enjoyed the post. Those pinecones are a hit, it seems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

May sound silly to some, but beautiful tablescapes are one of my private little pleasures and treasures of life.  

@Citrine1  No, it's not silly at all. At least not to me! I enjoy them too. The fact is I have very few occasions to set a pretty or festive table anymore, as I entertain sparingly, but the few times I do, I really enjoy picking out what I'll use and admiring the finished product. Of course, some of the professionally styled tables that spare no expense are quite amazing, if out of my league! A pretty table can be both one of life's simple pleasures and one of life's luxuries.