Esteemed Contributor

Re: GOING OLD SCHOOL - CLEANING PRODUCTS

@Flatbush wrote:

I use the old fashioned brown soap. I use it to pre clean spots, stains or dirt on the laundry items. First I wet the stain and then I rub it with brown soap and throw it in the washing machine. It has been very effective. I also use Soilove which I buy at the dollar store. Same routine, wet and rub.

Do you mean FelsNapa, @Flatbush >

Honored Contributor

Some dawn, add vinegar,water ,put in spray bottle ,really cleans a  lot of things,i think natural is cheaper, don't forget simple green.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I want to thank you all for your replies!Woman Happy

I use Spic 'n Span - didn't realize they had a liquid.  Will probably be going back to my old standby, 409!  Will also try other products recommended here..  Didn't realize they now have a Clorox-Comet!

I now feel so much better knowing so many of you agree - sometimes old school is best!

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Bar Keepers Friend

____

Yes!  About a year ago I started using this for my SS sink, bathroom sinks/faucets and shower.  Also works great on my large copper bowl that I use inside and outside, depending on the season of the year. I no longer buy or use Scrubbing Bubbles Foam.

I am guessing that it does everything that the TSV is claiming to clean.  BKF is very inexpensive too!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  ;

Yes.