Esteemed Contributor

GOING OLD SCHOOL - CLEANING PRODUCTS

I'm tired of the 'all natural' cleaning products - just haven't been satisfied.  I'm not into the DIY either. 

Gonna go and stock up on 'regular' household cleaning products and was wondering if any of you have your faves to recommend and why.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: GOING OLD SCHOOL - CLEANING PRODUCTS

I’m armed and dangerous with my 409 bottle. 

Honored Contributor

I use both , natural, and bought, vinegar is my go to ,rubbing alcohol, i buy ODOBAN, mop floors ,put in bottles ,concentrated,  shower clean, i try many kinds.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I finally went back to really old simple products like we used when I was starting out.  Got tired of the expense.

Trusted Contributor

Just the other day I reached for one of my all time favorites, powdered Spic & Span.  The powdered version is hard to find and a few years ago I stockpiled numerous boxes that I found at ACE hardware.

It just seems to be so good at melting down heavy dirt or greasy things, like decorative items in your kitchen that you only clean a couple of times a year, but get that filmy buildup. 

I hope posters don't start telling me that this product is toxic or that small children are employed in factories to produce it, that kind of thing.  I really love this old-fashioned cleaning product.

Honored Contributor

Greased Lightning!  

Image result for greased lightning cleaner

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Bar Keepers Friend

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have always used Comet and Clorox Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

Just the other day I reached for one of my all time favorites, powdered Spic & Span.  The powdered version is hard to find and a few years ago I stockpiled numerous boxes that I found at ACE hardware.

It just seems to be so good at melting down heavy dirt or greasy things, like decorative items in your kitchen that you only clean a couple of times a year, but get that filmy buildup. 

I hope posters don't start telling me that this product is toxic or that small children are employed in factories to produce it, that kind of thing.  I really love this old-fashioned cleaning product.

To be honest, I didn't know that they even still made Spic & Span.

I thought that it ceased to exist because of the first part of the product name, and people finding that offensive.

I looked on Amazon, and was pleasently surprised to see that it is still being sold.

Good to know!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Baking soda and vinegar- use for many things. However, with my new kitchen counter it says do not use acidic items so I am just just using soap