Regular Contributor

Yes she is, and Shawn compounds it by saying she saved her "pennies" to buy a house in the Hamptons!  This is a joke.  She makes plenty of money that is for sure.  The line she sells is awful and the prints are not flattering

New Contributor

When Lisa Robertson was its creative director, I bought everything. My closet was and is still full of those beautiful Gili fashions. (Thank goodness I take care of my clothes). Since Jill Martin has taken over, she seems so disinterested and everything is very resort wear, casual, and sort of sloppy style. (70s style flare jeans, t-shirts, flare pants)! What happened to the beautiful dresses, skirts, jewelry?! I wish they would bring someone in who would bring the brand back to the beautiful elevated fashions it was. 

Honored Contributor

I never bought anything from GILI when LR was the figure head of the brand and  although I don't mind Jill personally, I have bought very few things from her line. I think she and especially SK are appealing to the Hampton wannabies to keep this line going. I don't doubt Jill saved her pennies so she could enjoy the good life in the Hamptons, but most of all she has been very lucky. There are people who are much smarter and more talented than she is who have not gotten as far as she has. I'm sure Jill knows that.

I do but they've ruined the products under Jill Martin and the quality and styling went down the drain. Horribly sad to see.