Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Reminds me of her clothes -- overpriced and tacky looking.

Yeah they are.....her clothes and prints are awful !  Very cheap looking !

Honored Contributor
@homedecor1, I'll agree with you, on all points.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

GILI was the acronym for "got it, love it".  Originally the line was knock off versions of expensive products.  When the original face of the brand left, TPTB would have been better off going for another brand name.

The current face of the brand just doesn't get it.  We are not all tall, thin, NY style women!!!  Skin tight clothing, loud prints, sky high heels, etc are just not what many of us are looking for.  And, the prices are ridiculous!

Classic, timeless clothing made from quality materials will always win out over fads.  I don't purchase from this current line.

Esteemed Contributor

Awful

Honored Contributor

I have never cared for the GILI line.  I guess it must be making money for QVC since they are expanding it to home items.  I didn't see the items last night, but I'm sure they will be shown again soon.  I'm sure they are too pricey for me.   Don't like the line or the rep.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

GILI was the acronym for "got it, love it".  Originally the line was knock off versions of expensive products.  When the original face of the brand left, TPTB would have been better off going for another brand name.

The current face of the brand just doesn't get it.  We are not all tall, thin, NY style women!!!  Skin tight clothing, loud prints, sky high heels, etc are just not what many of us are looking for.  And, the prices are ridiculous!

Classic, timeless clothing made from quality materials will always win out over fads.  I don't purchase from this current line.

I've said the same thing myself @grandma r ... When Robertson moved on they should have re-branded and I will never, ever understand why they thought the current mouthpiece for this line had any appeal... Moreover, I don't think for a minute she actually 'designs' this line, but it's irrelevant, because it's completely gone by the boards as far as I'm concerned... There is nothing Jill Martin could do to induce any interest on my part in this house brand line of goods, especially at the prices they try to charge...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Never cared for Jill Martin ......don't like her GILI line in either clothes nor home products either....Hysterical that the prints in clothes and decor accents match....I guess this must be the latest trend...😆😆😆   Jill needs to stick with her sports reporting career with the Knicks...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Poor David and Rick, they really get stuck selling all the junk.

Honored Contributor

I agree that this line should have been either discontinued or totally renamed and redone when Lisa left.    They didn't need to bring in another rep either--one of the current hosts could have been the regular presenter.  Not a fan of Jill M. or this line.

Regular Contributor

Sorry I dont like Jill Martin and for Shawn to say Jill saved her "pennies" to get a home in the Hamptons is a laugh.  She makes more than enough money to buy a home in the Hamptons.  Jill then preaches on how we should "cleanse" our rooms.  Yes she wants us to "cleanse" so we buy her stuff.  I did not like any of the items and it did look very tacky for the price.  I am not paying over $300 for a box of roses.  I don't care how long the stay fragrant!! Now I know why I regretted looking at this show at all.