Super Contributor

Re: GETTING THAT FLUFFY, CHUNKY BED LINENS LOOK (IF YOU LIKE IT)

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI...........Luxury comforters, linens: Scandia Down. 20% off thru August.

This is my idea of fluffy, wonderful bed linens!!!!

Honored Contributor

They all look very comfy, but with my night sweats there’s no way I could get under all those fluffy layers, not even in winter. 

Respected Contributor

Down comforters do the job with the duvet covers, but only in winter time.  Sheets and linen coverlets are for summer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Oznell  The throw in the last picture is beautiful!  

I, too, like a nice fluffy bed and fluffy bed pillows. For me, finding good, fluffy bed pillows are the hardest things to shop for. You can't try them out, and just have to rely on luck in finding ones that suit you. So far, I am having zero luck in finding the right one. I know the "My Pillow" is not what I want, so that's not an option. Every time I think that I've found "the one," I read the reviews and they're about 50/50 as to performance, e.g., flattening out (usually, the #1 complaint,) falls apart after laundering, etc. We really do need some good pillows. 

I so agree with you about that chunky throw. Gorgeous, @Mimi 1883 

I bought some of these pillows a while back from QVC, and while they do flatten if used singly, I find them to be like marshmallows if you consider their "snuggle factor."

H221126 Serta Perfect Sleeper S/2 Std/QN or King DreamWear Nanotex Pillows

I fold and scrunch and manipulate them and find that it's kind of fun, and somehow whether used on top of another pillow, or just scrunched up together, they do end up providing just enough support. They made me rethink my ideas about what a pillow should be.

If all else fails, if you have a cat or small dog, he or she will love one as a hand-me-down.

They wash well, too.
[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see in the videos whether what looks like a sheet extended to the floor in the first picture (below) is just what it seems.

Did she explain that, @Oznell ? I may have missed it.

I like the look, and it's also clever, especially since I have a short box spring (with a "tall" mattress") making the box spring too low to the ground to successfully add a dust ruffle. I don't like the dust ruffles that puddle since they get caught in the vacuum, as you might imagine.

white-boho-bedding-large-window-ideas-master-bedroom-white-bedding-812.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883,  so glad you mentioned that--  I often have trouble finding pillows that suit me too.  @GingerPeach ,  I wish I'd seen your post before I went shopping today-- I picked up Serta "Regal Sleeper" pillows, which are spinning in the washing machine even as we speak!  So have no idea yet if they are any good, except for reviews I read.  I would have tried your Serta ones first, if I'd known!

Mine describe themselves as "down alternative" which drew me in, but I suppose any type can, and does call themselves that!  They did seem promisingly squishy like yours, but the real test will be sleeping on them...

Oh, slightly off-topic, but @GingerPeach ,  you wanted to see coffee table styling with coasters, and one of the bloggers I like just did a video in which she includes coasters, interestingly, in her tablescape, even 2 types in one arrangement, so watch for it-- I'll post!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Love this look. I always have a folded comforter at the end of our bed in addition to the comforter itself......also, lots of pillows. Love it all. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, about your question re the picture, @GingerPeach -- I'm not sure-- I assumed it was a lightweight throw or maybe a thin coverlet of some kind-- but maybe it was a sheet!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell Thank you for these pictures.💕💕💕 I love beds made like this. I call it the "unmade, made bed". 

@wilma Unless it is the middle of winter, we always fold our comforter down. Sometimes if we don't have the air conditioning on, we might even fold down the top sheet. Although one of us usually pulls it up during the night.😊

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@wilma Unless it is the middle of winter, we always fold our comforter down. Sometimes if we don't have the air conditioning on, we might even fold down the top sheet. Although one of us usually pulls it up during the night.😊

@magicmoodz 

I’m so hot I’m usually sleeping on top of the covers while DH sleeps under them. 😱😉🤣