Respected Contributor

Re: GE digital dryer died need help choosing new dryer

[ Edited ]

i bought an air conditioner years ago by haier and it sucked. very weak. i stay away from that brand.

Honored Contributor

I would request a refund, not a credit

@BabyYoda wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@BabyYoda. I got my SQ washer at a local private store, check Amazon, I know they have SQ washers. Amazon price was about the same so I went local.

@Nomorebirthdays I would love to get a SQ dryer but I have to spend my Home Depot credit at their store either online or in their store. I am waiting to receive the card in the mail. I have to buy it from Home Depot and sadly they don't sell SQ. 

Valued Contributor

SPEED QUEEN all the way!!!

Beckyblu

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whirlpool still makes a good dryer.  They are made in America with parts normally availabe if maintenace is ever needed.   I bought one a couple of years ago, 7.4 cu.ft. and it has been excellent.  The important thing in a dryer, at least for me, is to have temperature settings that are accurate.  If it only blows hot hot that is not a good thing.  Whirlpools have accurate temperature settings that are reliable..... so if you need an extra low or low heat you will get it.  If you want full on hot you can have that too.  But mine is electronic which in a dryer may be way to go since you  can choose more options like how dry you want your clothes (normal dry, extra dry, less dry) etc.  Of course the automatic sensors that determine the drying time are important too and that is another thing that Whirlpool does well.   I imagine speed queen makes a good dryer but I don't have one, I only have the washer.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

GE sold their appliance division to Haier, a Chinese company and I think I'd avoid that brand at all cost.  When it comes time for me to buy a new washer and dryer, I'm going to look around and see if anyone carries Speed Queen in my area.  I rid my home of all GE appliances years ago because they were so un-reliable.

Yes they are owned by a Chinese company now BUT - they are still built in Louisville, Ky. so you can still feel assured that you are saving American jobs by buying GE.

Like I said in my previous post, I rid my home of GE appliances and I won't ever be buying Haier.

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Whirlpool still makes a good dryer.  They are made in America with parts normally availabe if maintenace is ever needed.   I bought one a couple of years ago, 7.4 cu.ft. and it has been excellent.  The important thing in a dryer, at least for me, is to have temperature settings that are accurate.  If it only blows hot hot that is not a good thing.  Whirlpools have accurate temperature settings that are reliable..... so if you need an extra low or low heat you will get it.  If you want full on hot you can have that too.  But mine is electronic which in a dryer may be way to go since you  can choose more options like how dry you want your clothes (normal dry, extra dry, less dry) etc.  Of course the automatic sensors that determine the drying time are important too and that is another thing that Whirlpool does well.   I imagine speed queen makes a good dryer but I don't have one, I only have the washer.

Thanks @giddy up for your review of Whirlpool I was looking at one I may buy. 

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

I would request a refund, not a credit

@BabyYoda wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@BabyYoda. I got my SQ washer at a local private store, check Amazon, I know they have SQ washers. Amazon price was about the same so I went local.

@Nomorebirthdays I would love to get a SQ dryer but I have to spend my Home Depot credit at their store either online or in their store. I am waiting to receive the card in the mail. I have to buy it from Home Depot and sadly they don't sell SQ. 

Unfortunately @software in their warranty I have to be issued a store credit/gift card and they will not issue a refund. I spoke with a supervisor and got nowhere. I did read the warranty and it is clearly stated it would be a store credit or a replacement of their choice.