Trusted Contributor

I bought a holiday throw from Kohls at the end of last season.  When I started to use it this year, the fuzz on my clothes was really noticeable.  I have washed and dried it twice.  Other than donating it to my local pet shelter, does anyone know how I can get the shedding to stop?

Honored Contributor

@mac116 -

I got one too from Walmart and of course i didn't read the wasing instructions!

It said wash in cold water and a light dryer temp.

And it did shed because I washed it in hot water and hot dryer.

I got a second one and washed as instructed and it didn't shed!

When will I ever learn! Read the instructions I say to myself!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Fuzz from a throw!

[ Edited ]

@mac116  - Anything "fleece" needs to be washed cold and dried at the lowest setting (or line dry).  And no fabric softener of any kind.

I don't know if this works, but someone on these boards a long time ago, suggested putting the item in a plastic bag and putting it in a freezer for 24-48 hours.  The person claimed it would stop the shedding.  Worth a try!

Of course, with Kohl's, they'll still take it back.  Even if you don't have your receipt, if you used a Kohl's charge card, they can usually look it up.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fuzz from a throw!

[ Edited ]

I did wash in cold water, and dried on low without softener. I may try the freezer suggestion if I have enough room. 😃

Honored Contributor

@mac116 -

Or you could always pretend it's just snow!Woman LOL

That's what I do lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"