Honored Contributor

Re: Furniture shopping and concerned with material or fabric options?

@SilleeMee: New kitchen area. Area on small wall for accent chair. Space in front of dinning table for sofa and love seat. Wall for flat screen tv . SouthernBeeimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

Honored Contributor

I just ordered a new sleeper couch (Ryane) in what they call a *Performance* fabric.  Similar to Sunbrella. 

My couch is going to be slipcovered.  I ordered two sets of slipcovers as I want something that can be machine washed (not at home, but one of those big front loaders).

If you're looking for a sleeper sofa, you need to make sure it's a comfortable mattress.  Mine has a nice thick mattress, plus an airmattress pillowtop for added comfort.

You can wipe down a couch made of Sunbrella or other performance fabrics with Clorox Wipes (store brand work just as well).  I've actually used wipes on silk brocade fabrics before (just took a chance when I needed to and nothing harsh happened!).  So now I wipe down cushions all the time with wipes.  Really brightens things up, doesn't *bleach* out colors or fade them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

image.pngimage.pngimage.jpegimage.jpegShopping with friends with many photos, measurement and notes and questions provided with every ones help here. We went everywhere in my bicity area. I really wanted seams that had cords, good material and solid wood. Included places like Lazy Boy and the very the few local stores. Returned to Ashely furniture. Stayed in the store for several hours, had a very nice and helpful salesman.  Purchased  tv stand and the color is black and brown wood. The furniture color is called Ash but includes black, grey and light blue. I ordered the sleeper sofa, love seat and accent chair. Furniture was on sale plus received a 25% military discount on each piece!!! I also purchased the extended warranty on furniture and fabric. I decided to go with with comfort. Each piece supported my back, hips and short legs with feet placed on the floor and not dangling around. Bummer- furniture not delivered until July. I wanted to see the furniture color and placement in my new room. May consider purchasing another love seat or accent chair.

@Lucky Charm@SilleeMee@vermint@qvcaddition@ECBG:@noodleann @software @ Fressa. I hope I included every one. I appreciate your help. Thanks again. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I'm very happy for you @SouthernBeeSmiley Happy. Sounds like you got some very nice things. Be sure to post pictures once you get them home!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee: Thank you. Still trying to learn how to post pictures etc, but will do soon as possible. Sometimes you wonder about friends and what they say. Returning home one friend stated she looked two years for furniture and hope that I will not regret anything. I no longer drive and DH has many health issues and for now can not drive. We have a small den and thought the new room would be great to entertain and with our issues easier to invite people. The guys could watch sports in the den , more room for the girls to play board games and watch movies. I no longer have to go outside to the laundry room. I can now do laundry, cooking and watching tv in the same area. I believe that I made the best possible decisions and purchases for our circumstances. Southern Bee

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee - I love all your choices! It's hard having to order & wait for delivery (been there!), but the wait will be worth it. Just so you know, it's been my experience that the wait is often longer than they tell you at the store...not always, but it does happen. Enjoy your new furniture!