Honored Contributor

Re: Fudge....now I have to find another paint color.

@Oznell wrote:

Hi, @Mom2Dogs ,  "Edgecomb Gray" by Benjamin Moore is a pale taupe or "greige" that is much favored by designers.  Light, soothing, yet not boring.  It's not straight gray as the title suggests-- it is too warm for that.  "Baby Fawn" by BM is virtually identical.  A deeper version is the very popular "Revere Pewter", which also looks great with white trim.  

@Oznell Quite a pretty color!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I second Pashmina!  Painted most of interior with it.  Has a wonderful quality of looking different depending on sunlight.  Cream colored trim and darker gray on tray ceilings. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck to you. Agree with poster who pinned samples around the house. We picked faves from samples then painted samples on walls. It was a process and main floor interior was painted this year. Thrilled we found a SW greige color for primary; Popular Gray. For guest bath, accent wall on stairway leading to basement and 'shadow' or inset areas -- we chose Chatura Gray. For two bedrooms and master bath we selected a soothing gray/green, Magnetic Gray. That's the beauty of greige -- its not taupe -- nor is it pure gray. 

I love blue as a color, but seldom had success selecting a color that looked great on my walls. I do love blue, though.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake I agree about blue but the blue I picked was really white with a few drops of blue.  It was so odd that he mentioned he didn't like the color since he rarely cares what paint color I use.

I am leaning toward the color @Oznell  posted the photo of....I have drapes about the color of the coverlet on the bed, only lighter.  I will get a sample before I make a final decision....don't want the paint and drapes to clash...they might not be the same tone.....