Valued Contributor

Re: Front door Wreath to transition from Holiday to Spring ?

I have a simple 16" grapevine wreath. I have a red bow with hearts that I tie on it in February, a green bow with shamrocks for St. Patrick's day, and a pastel easter bow for April. I purchased the bows at Etsy and they're very easy to tie on and off.

Honored Contributor

I give the whole wreath thing a rest after I take down the 'more winter than Christmas' evergreen wreath in February sometime. 

I prefer not to have a wreath on the doors during spring and summer, as the bees build nests in them. I got stung really good a couple of years ago and learned my lesson. No nice weather wreaths at my house. 

And indoors, I want a cleaner and less cluttered look after Christmas. I have fall wreaths and Christmas/winter, then I'm done for the year.

Respected Contributor

My Christmas wreath stays up till The Ides of March, suppose to be good luck an then its all about spring and summer for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever  Unfortunately, I don't have the storage space for "in between" wreaths. They take up a lot of room. I just go from Christmas to Spring. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

We had a new Pella door installed last Spring, with beautiful leaded glass panels.  So, I actually go periods without a wreath on my door.  With the solid steel door, I always felt it needed a wreath.

With the other door, after Christmas, I used a bit of "decor" instead of a wreath...such as a welcome sign on slate, etc.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

I put pink tulips in my evergreen wreath.  It is Summer in FL already!

Honored Contributor

The past few years I've only displayed a red and gold berry wreath from Pier One.  I put a different bow on it for different seasons (red for Christmas/winter; orange plaid for fall; and yellow gold for spring/summer).

(I used to have a separate wreath for Christmas that I made out of a grapevine and wrapped silver and red ribbons and dangling shiny stars and some other decorative items but no wreath the rest of the year.)

I admit I'm finally kind of tired of my all-season wreath, and it's looking a bit tired, too, so different bows may be a solution for a few years, depending on your tolerance and the wreath itself.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I make my own wreaths and let my Christmas wreath up til February.  Then I put a wreath up with red, mauve and pink flowers and decor.  That one stays up til mid-March when I put one up for Easter and spring.  I have the supplies for my Easter/spring wreath but haven't started it yet.  I hope to make it before March 15, time permitting.

I may do something similar to this for spring:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a1/2f/f3/a12ff360abd77957bc61a74ad2601153--easter-d%C3%A9cor-happy-easter.jpg

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

I change them often. I just bought my Easter wreath and I’ll hang it March 1st. 

102EE414-B9D1-4109-9F31-7B8D4EF3735F.jpeg

Respected Contributor

We're having a "heatwave" of sorts here in SE MI, so I put my spring/summer wreath up today. I usually wait until mid-March. Maybe my wishful thinking of Spring will come sooner rather than later.