Respected Contributor

Front door Wreath to transition from Holiday to Spring ?

Every Christmas I put up a Holiday wreath but the months of January and February I am left with nothing because I don't put up my Spring wreath until March.

does anyone have ideas for a wreath to cover the gap between Christmas and Spring?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Front door Wreath to transition from Holiday to Spring ?

After the holidays I put up a very simple grapevine wreath COVERED with small red berries..................purchased it at KMart years ago!  I like the red to continue through Jan. and Feb. for Valentine's Day. 

I usually leave it up until mid-March when I switch to something more spring-like : )

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just do greens and pine cones.  It's what in the mountains at the time.  It's also sprayed on snow too.  The bottom one is from google.  You could fill in from anything in your yard or at the craft store.

I also use a wreath with apples.

This one is much heavier.

Image result for mis season wreath using apples

Image result for Mid winter front wreath sprayed with snow

Honored Contributor

I make my own wreaths.   I use to work at a famous Christmas store.   I learned so much and still use all the knowledge that I gained there.   If you use grapevine wreaths, you could just go with greenery and ribbon bows.   Or, use some berries and ribbon bows.   Good luck and have fun being creative.   Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I use a tear-drop shaped evergreen with fruit, lots of grapes especially as my kitchen is done in grapes and wine bottles etc.  

Honored Contributor

I put up a wooden nativity wreath at Christmas and loved it so much it’s still up.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been on the hunt for a winter, non Christmas wreath.  I put a fall one up with pinecones and fruit.

Respected Contributor

I do Valentines and St. Pats and it is time for Easter.

Trusted Contributor

I remove the Christmas wreath and replace it with a plain lightly frosted evergreen w/pinecones. My interchangeable Welcome plaque is changed from Santa Claus to a generic snowman w/scarf, evergreen sprigs, and snowball. The faux poinsettia plants stay on the front porch through February.

I'll change all of that in mid- to late-March to a more springish theme.

Honored Contributor

All of these suggestions and ideas sound wonderful!   I'm going to borrow a few... Heart