Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fridge With Outer See Through Door - Like?

[ Edited ]

@Bri63 wrote:

b4c762a4396793772fa0e83ef2f094e3.jpg

If we ate all our meals out, I think glass door refrigerators are very attractive (as shown above with no food in it). But since we don't and we eat real food glass doors are not for me. I am very a*n*a*l-retentive and having a refrig with the contents for all the world to see might just push me over the edge.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There's actually a reason for the see-through doors. They allow you to see what's inside without having to open the door, wasting energy to re-cool the fridge. Also,from a food-safety perspective not having to open the door keeps the inside temp from rising which could mean prolonging the shelf-life of the food inside. 

I used to work in a medical laboratory where all of the fridges had glass doors and it made it easy to 'see 'n grab' quickly.

I guess I really don’t understand why we would need a see through door. 

Do we really have people out there who don’t know what’s in their refrigerator?  That they have to peer through the see through panel, nose pressed against the glass, and say “Yes!  I thought that honey baked ham might be in there and now I know for sure.  It was either in there or the dishwasher but now I know for sure. Whew”. 

Obviously I think it’s an unneeded feature. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

Yes, I've had positive experiences with LG fridges. They're very reliable and heavy duty. My current fridge is an LG and it has lasted me several years!!

Honored Contributor

Yuck. LOL. I agree with the poster who said it only looks good with no food in it. 😂
Honored Contributor

@nyc1  I think too many different features are a pot of trouble.  More to go wrong, more to fix.  The refrig. door that you touch and can see inside is so unnecessary.  One day the refrig. will pour your milk and open the door! lol

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Fridge With Outer See Through Door - Like?

no, no, a thousand times no! Have friends, visitors, etc. see what a chaotic mess the inside of my refrigerator is? No bleepin' way!

Trusted Contributor

to the op: I totally agree!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today, I saw this LG refrigerator in person and it is a beauty. Surprisingly, the shelves on the back of the window are deep, not shallow. And knocking twice on the window. lights it up - a gimmicky feature which really appeals to me.

Reviews are mixed and I wouldn’t buy it, but it is gorgeous.

ETA: The door window stays dark until you make it light up, so the contents wouldn’t be that noticeable. Different look from the picture @Bri63 posted.