Honored Contributor

Re: Fresh New Look For A Craftsman

It is a nice room but nothing special.  I would make some changes.

Honored Contributor

Craftsman is my favorite style, not wild about this revision, what’s up with the ceiling fixture?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't like the color of the fireplace.   It needs to be painted or refaced.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the mantel at all.  The rest of the room is nothing special, to me.

Esteemed Contributor

our home is a craftsmen ,   It's my favorite style home so when we built ours years ago I stressed to the builder to make sure it keeps with an original craftsmen style and not to make  it a modern version of a craftsman which I've seen done .   I wanted all the moldings , the French doors, windows to be true to the style etc.   It came out beautiful,  we love it !!!   It seems that some of the character is there I however in the home  shown here . I  don't however care for the fireplace or the furniture just nit my style.  

Honored Contributor

It's 'fresh' because many Craftsman style homes tend to be inundated with stained oak built-ins, woodwork and/or furniture, whereas this one is lighter and whiter... The gestalt of this room, which is a nice space, is pleasing to my eye, but when I take it apart, piece by piece, there's really no element I much care for. I do like the chairs, but would probably have opted for different fabric. And yes @faeriemoon that sofa is just bizarre and would be out the door pronto, were this my place.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would paint the fireplace like the off white woodwork color.  Get rid of those two  big standing lamps behind the sofa and add a side table and table lamp.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I agree the fireplace is too dark for the room. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant. Looks clean.  Perhaps they did what they could with what they had.  I like the fireplace wall.

Honored Contributor

I love Craftsman style - I am not a fan of the brick on the fireplace and the arms on the couch....have never seen anything like that.