Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fresh Looking Living Room...

[ Edited ]

I would change the green to navy blue, put up some navy blue curtains and get rid of that huge map over the sofa.  I like it because it is my homeland, but it doesn't belong there.  It's too big.  It is a nice room.

Trusted Contributor

Nice open space.  I like most of it esp. the pooch lying on the floor, the area rug & the patio doors at the rear.  Though I'm ot a fan of some of the furniture, it all blends very well.  A nice room to enjoy spending a lot of time in.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Too blah for my taste.   My upholstered furniture is black for a really good reason!  Smiley Wink 

And, what's with this word "Fresh" to describe this room?  I keep hearing in reference to GILI merchandise,  etc.  

I looked up online and the Urban Dictionary defines it:  

"to mean it is acceptable and highly approved by someone. Orgin: Hiphop Mid 80's Ny

Fresh is derived as in the sense of seeing something brand new and is attracting people like cars in commercials. but is used to refer to anything highly approved by someone"

Who has highly approved of this room?  

ME!  I have green furniture in my livingroom, @ALRATIBA . so I highly approve, in fact, love it!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:
Another "vanilla" room that lacks personality.

Not if you are the personality....

This bears repeating, @sidsmom 

I've often read that some folks, rather than focusing on decorating, as such, deliberately keep their rooms "quiet" in decor so that their guests or friends or family will stand out rather than the room.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

More shots of this living room:

His ceramics collection features Provençale pottery, American Lettuce Ware and platters in English Leeds porcelain.

The foyer flows into the dining room, where striaed walls complement an Oushak carpet and c. 1780 painted Chinoiserie screens.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Architecturally, I like the bones of this room. I also like the sofa, but wouldn't consider it for myself because it isn't oversized enough.

The upholstered chairs look like they are skirted swivel rockers which are not my style at all. The green upholstery looks a bit too Easter egg in it's color and the placement of the chairs for some reason reminds me of a nursing home. I am also not fond of the color of the wood tables, desk, etc.

From what I can see of the porch furniture, I like it very much.

Respected Contributor

Not my style....boring and colorless!

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

ML_DSCF8970-e1545945840214.jpg

I do like this room and the niche where the green glass is displayed.  Do you know if it's from a collection, or perhaps carnival glass?  I also like the light shade of green on the chair, ottoman and pillows and consider it fresh.  The fact it is dog friendly is a big plus.

@AnikaBrodie I like it too... Love the fresh spring green upholstery. As for the glass collection, the article stated it includes French pottery, American Lettuceware and British porcelain... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@stevieb  I like the room, and I agree with @lovesrecess about changing the green to blue.

@SXMGirl Love this room and we'll have to agree to disagree... I love the green!

Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

Will you be posting the other bedrooms from this gorgeous house?

It's got so many lovely rooms - and outdoors, too!