Respected Contributor

My daughter has a Four Seasons Hotel Mattress This is ordered directly from the hotel. 

The interesting feature is the ability to zip off the pillow top and replace it as you wish. The options are soft, standard or firm. 

We have been so frustrated with pillow top mattresses. Our latest is a Sterns and Foster which is about 3 years old. It looks like 2 400lb-ers sleep in the bed.  I have tried to put a topper on the indented pillow top but the topper just conformes into the indentions. Now wondering if anyone else has comments about Four Seasons Hotel Mattress. They are pricey.

Honored Contributor

Re: Four Season Hotel Mattress?

@granddi    Off subject....but I used to work in a resort....and we had "extremely large" people actually crash thru the bed.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi   I stayed at the Four Seasons and the matress and pillows are exceptional quality.  It feels like you ae slightly sinking into the pillow but still have slight firmness.  I have to say everything they offer from the food to a massage to the indoor pool is top notch (this was in Chicago).  i only had the pleasure of staying for a weekend once. I am not that wealthy.  I also stayed at the Ritz Carlton in New York (I received a discount thru the law firm I worked for).  That's the extent of those two hotels once each.

I definitely would contact Stearns & Foster about the mattress.  There has to be some type of warranty and even if it expired, I would express my displeasure with the matress and the wear and tear.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    People are all different sizes, skinny, fat, average, etc. and should be treated with respect no matter what their size.  I would think those people would have to pay for the damage.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi  you sure they weren't extra frisky ? 🥰

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy @Katcat1     It was embarrassing for everyone concerned.    I recall one situation where we had to use DOORS as bed  support boards

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I won't buy a pillowtop mattress for the exact reason you discussed.

Many hotel mattresses are available to order online.  However, most every chain has a few different mattresses in their hotels, traditional mattresses, hybrid mattresses and memory foam mattresses. You would need to know the exact mattress your daughter has. Unless it's fairly new, it's likely not available. Hotels change their mattresses all the time.

Btw, there are other mattresses online that have the option to change out or replace the pillowtop.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi @Enter in buy four seasons mattress  in your search bar and you can see what the four seasons sells. There are basically only three mattresses and with those comes the option of adding zip off toppers. Regular, Plush and Firm are the three mattress options. .The pillow topper has nothing to do with the construction of the three options. Each option has different construction. Take a look. The additional toppers really  kick up the price. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen mattresses with two firmness levels - you just flip.to the desired side. The zip off pillow top feature is interesting.