Honored Contributor

Re: Former commercial buildings...

@stevieb 

Kind of / sort of what you were talking about:

Painted floor tile with exposed concrete walls

Vintage furniture in an industrial space.  Although I must say I don't love this example I've provided here.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon 

Thank you for posting home decor that speaks to me. I first fell in love with old commercial renovations when my office was located in what is referred to as the warehouse district--a somewhat seedy part of town that exploded with revitalization resulting in wonderful loft conversions.

I sometimes feel I decorate with such a heavy masculine hand (as featured in the pictures above), but it is who I am and what I love. Not to say I don't have an appreciation for other decor. I have an interior designer neighbor whose unit is all white and absolutely beautiful.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Funnily enough, I work in an architectural firm...and nobody knows the answer to what kind of windows these are! Maybe when the "head guy" (my DH) gets back, he'll know.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Having gone through some of my design books, I've only been able to come up with "sloping skylights".

I'm sure that's not the term you had in mind.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

I feel just as you do.  These designs "speak to me."  I try to incorporate as many of these elements into my decorating as my house style allows.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@magicmoodz 

I feel just as you do.  These designs "speak to me."  I try to incorporate as many of these elements into my decorating as my house style allows.

@faeriemoon 

If I recall, you have shared some interior shots of your home. Stunning!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz   Thank you for the kind words. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

BEAUTIFUL...I would live in any of the four in a heartbeat!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I really love the slanted windows in pic. #1.  However, how would you wash them?  I can picture nasty bird droppings on them all the time.  I would love looking at the sky though!

Trusted Contributor

I like all of these rooms. So interesting to see what was made of them.