Trusted Contributor

Re: Forgot to pay my rent..for 2 months!

Why would you be surprised, that she took out the total amount, if, that's  what you owed her? 

You've been given some good advice on automatic payments, and reminders, hopefully, they'll be helpful.  

Good Luck 🍀 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

When you’ve been paying certain bills every month for a period of time, don’t you just “know” when any given one is due?  These days most everyone is in front of a desktop or has a phone in their hand, to know what date it is and to plan accordingly. JMO 

@JeanLouiseFinch, the OP had issues with getting her insulin. She was in quite a bit of danger and I assure you that it contributed to her having forgotten to pay the rent. She shared here many times in Wellness that she was having difficulty with her Lantus. At one point she shared she was taking nothing. I cannot image the ramifications of being sick with high blood sugars and not being able to remedy them.

Thanks @Trinity11   Admittedly, I don’t read every thread in every forum so I didn’t know the details.  

Esteemed Contributor

I write all my bills for each month on a notebook @emmygrace .

I place a check mark when I pay them and I cross them out when they clear. 

I do this because my car insurance is on automatic deduction  but one time I forgot to deduct it from my ledger so this helps me a lot.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Can't even imagine this.  In many places missing rent means eviction.  

Are you planning to give your son POA to manage your affairs, otherwise I am not sure how this is his responsibility.

Here in Philly the bills noone ever misses are cable/cell phone--people cannot live without the services and they will be shut off promptly if the bills go unpaid!

@FancyPhillyshopper 

I don't know about where you live, but in our state, you must be 3 months' behind before eviction and I think with Covid, that was extended and there could not be an eviction for longer period of time without behavioral cause.

Honored Contributor

Of course, it is not the bank who is doing that automatic payments but a company they contract to do that and we had our telephone cut off once because the bank's contractor did not pay the bill.  It was always automatic and they did not pay it for a whole month.  Another time, they were late paying a payment that we owed to the bank so don't be overly excited if your bank does not pay your bills on time.  Of course, we were not charge a late fee for it because it was not our fault, but the telephone company did not know that.  All they know is that they did get paid after I called them, wondering why they had cut my phone service off.  Of course, the money had been deducted from my account, but the transfer to the phone company had not been made.