Esteemed Contributor

Re: For us who are always "purging" or "decluttering" we are NOT alone😉

@gidgetgh, and keep the wonderful memories.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt

I am "guilty" of that on occassion!  I did the "spree" to find those perfect pieces on Saturday ....today, I'll have something to do -- take it back to store now that I "found buried treasures" in his closet!!!

When I moved South I "thought" entertaining, cooking and more was ending because I was heading to "Paradise"....hmmmmm still cooking, entertaining (on small scale) but so many things I thought I'd not use/need after selling with house I needed!

I just kept "updating" and rebought...those days are long gone...it's just the 2 of us now and beautiful "paper plates, serving pieces, etc."  are my new go to right from the Dollar Tree!  

Crystal "Plastic" is my new version of fancy tableware - LOL

@homedecor1

I can relate and hear what you are saying.  My sister loves to cook and entertain (she's Ms. Hospitatlity) so she always brings out her best china and sets a beautiful table, even if she's invited friends over for just hot dogs and hamburgers......While I lean towards "the beautiful paper plates" and "beautiful plastic silverware" from the $1 bins....LOL!!!  I'm thinking more about the cleanup than the "perfect tablescape" and presentation........LOL!!!  

Have a great day! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I have read every post here, and I have really thought about it.  I do not mean to offend anyone here at all!  I realize that I do not LOVE my things.  I have what I like, but my things do not bring me joy.  The people in my life are my only source of joy.

Honored Contributor

We just dismantled the entertainment center so the wall could be painted.

I said to my husband, as we are putting things back, lets be really selective about what we are hiding behind those doors.  I know I have a ton of empty or ugly picture frames that are being donated.

The piles of CD's and DVD's in the corner of the room are boob high!  It's time to go through those too.