Trusted Contributor

For those who own the Mirage candles ....

Would they look ok grouped together with the old CI candles with the wick or do you think that would look funny? 

Honored Contributor

Re: For those who own the Mirage candles ....

@itsmetoo wrote:

Would they look ok grouped together with the old CI candles with the wick or do you think that would look funny? 

I don't see why you couldn't group them together at least you can try and see what you think.  I guess where you plan to put them might matter too.  I've never used them together so I'd have to see how they work.  What colors do you have in the candles?  I might like some color mixed with cream ones.  That way they would be totally different so wouldn't notice the wicks being different.  If you burn real candles the wick burns down into the candle like the CI ones.  I'm not much help but go for it and see if you like how they look.

Honored Contributor

I haven't done that, but what a great question.

I think it will depend more on the color/size/texture of the groupings, more so than the flame/no flame issue.

In a setting with real candles, I would think it normal to have some that had burned down into the 'tunnel' already (and you no longer are seeing the actual flame), and others just lit with the flame still showing on the top of the pillar, so that part wouldn't seem odd in a setting with actual flame candles.

I'd say group away and see what you like. Post some pics if you can!

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

I don't see why you couldn't group them together at least you can try and see what you think.  I guess where you plan to put them might matter too.  I've never used them together so I'd have to see how they work.  What colors do you have in the candles?  I might like some color mixed with cream ones.  That way they would be totally different so wouldn't notice the wicks being different.  If you burn real candles the wick burns down into the candle like the CI ones.  I'm not much help but go for it and see if you like how they look.

I haven't bought any Mirage yet but do own a lot of the original wick ones. I plan to put them on my mantel for the holidays.  I have the cream color in the original candles with the wick and would buy the cream color in the Mirage. I was thinking the same thing about a real candle burning down into the candle. Thanks for your input!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I haven't done that, but what a great question.

I think it will depend more on the color/size/texture of the groupings, more so than the flame/no flame issue.

In a setting with real candles, I would think it normal to have some that had burned down into the 'tunnel' already (and you no longer are seeing the actual flame), and others just lit with the flame still showing on the top of the pillar, so that part wouldn't seem odd in a setting with actual flame candles.

I'd say group away and see what you like. Post some pics if you can!

I would be using the plain cream colored candles with the wicks - no texture  but in 4 in and 6 in heights. I haven't bought any Mirage yet but would like to try them for the flame. I love the look of the Luminara but I'm attracted to the price and battery life of the Mirage. Maybe I'll just order a set and give it a try. Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

I haven't bought any Mirage yet but do own a lot of the original wick ones. I plan to put them on my mantel for the holidays.  I have the cream color in the original candles with the wick and would buy the cream color in the Mirage. I was thinking the same thing about a real candle burning down into the candle. Thanks for your input!

@itsmetoo, that sounds good on your mantle.  Do share pics with us, we all appreciate any and all ideas that we read on here. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@itsmetoo, that sounds good on your mantle.  Do share pics with us, we all appreciate any and all ideas that we read on here. 

Thank you lucymo, if I end up getting them I certainly will.

Honored Contributor

I've had these for a month or so now.  I can program it no problem for the 5 hour timer, but having issues if I want only 3 or 4 hours.  I do what the instructions say but it stays on much longer than what I programmed.  Anyone else having this issue?  Thanks for any suggestionsSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

I've had these for a month or so now.  I can program it no problem for the 5 hour timer, but having issues if I want only 3 or 4 hours.  I do what the instructions say but it stays on much longer than what I programmed.  Anyone else having this issue?  Thanks for any suggestionsSmiley Very Happy

@Pecky

Assuming there isn't a problem with your timers, let me walk you through what I have been doing, and just see if anything I type is different than what you have been trying, if that will help.

When I want to choose the number of hours I set the candle, I first turn the candle on for a couple of seconds (lets say about 10 seconds) and let it 'burn'. Next I shut it off for a couple of seconds. Sometimes electronic things need to be 'cleared' out or reset. 

Then I turn the candle back on (green button) and very quickly after that, press and hold the blue button down. You are then supposed to count the number of flashes, each flash being one hour of burn time. I have noticed that it takes a long time before the flashing starts when doing this. Probably another 10 seconds or so before I see the flashing begin. You have to be able to see the flame to count the flashes. In some of their other models of programmable candles, there is a light on the bottom of the candle, near the buttons that shows the flash, but not on these, so make sure you are holding it in a fashion to see the flashing.

I have programmed some of these for up to 16 hours of burn time, and they seem to be working right on schedule, as far as I've noticed. 

When working properly, the programmable timer is the best. You can do what you need with them and change it any time you wish.

Hope the above process works for you. Let us know.

Edited to add, that you need to hold both buttons down together for the flashing to begin. After turning on the green button, keep holding it as you press and hold the blue one, and wait for the flashing. Both buttons have to be held down together. Sorry for the confusion.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@Pecky

Assuming there isn't a problem with your timers, let me walk you through what I have been doing, and just see if anything I type is different than what you have been trying, if that will help.

When I want to choose the number of hours I set the candle, I first turn the candle on for a couple of seconds (lets say about 10 seconds) and let it 'burn'. Next I shut it off for a couple of seconds. Sometimes electronic things need to be 'cleared' out or reset. 

Then I turn the candle back on (green button) and very quickly after that, press and hold the blue button down. You are then supposed to count the number of flashes, each flash being one hour of burn time. I have noticed that it takes a long time before the flashing starts when doing this. Probably another 10 seconds or so before I see the flashing begin. You have to be able to see the flame to count the flashes. In some of their other models of programmable candles, there is a light on the bottom of the candle, near the buttons that shows the flash, but not on these, so make sure you are holding it in a fashion to see the flashing.

I have programmed some of these for up to 16 hours of burn time, and they seem to be working right on schedule, as far as I've noticed. 

When working properly, the programmable timer is the best. You can do what you need with them and change it any time you wish.

Hope the above process works for you. Let us know.

Edited to add, that you need to hold both buttons down together for the flashing to begin. After turning on the green button, keep holding it as you press and hold the blue one, and wait for the flashing. Both buttons have to be held down together. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.  That is what I have been doing.  I have been testing it and I try to set it for 1 hour when an hour goes by it's still on and on for awhile.  It works great if I chose the standard 5 hours.  I'm trying it again now.  Thanks again!