Esteemed Contributor

Re: For those in the Northeast -question about Raymour and Flanigan Furniture Store

Thanks everyone for your replies.  Sounds like it is hit or miss.  I thought R&F was better than Bob's in regard to quality.  No matter where I go, I'm taking a chance.  I live in NYC, so I guess I could check out Macy's also.   

Honored Contributor

Re: For those in the Northeast -question about Raymour and Flanigan Furniture Store

My son had good luck with RF but his furniture really doesn't get any abuse..if you know what I mean.

I am looking for a good sturdy sectional that can take constant use. So far I have had no luck in finding something made well with good reviews.

Valued Contributor

A few years ago, I wanted to replace my sofa and loveseat.

Went into R&F and took one look around.  Everything looked the same... boxy,

weird leather and poor upholstery fabrics. 

Walked out and found beautiful pieces at Ethan Allen.

I do not recommend R&F.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Valued Contributor

I bought a bed for my guest room several years ago and haven't had any issues with it. I also recently bought a split box spring for my third bedroom about 9 months ago. I purchased online and within an hour I received a nice phone call to schedule delivery. Delivery guy called before he arrived to tell me when he expected to arrive and they delivered and set up with no problems. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bought our living room set and a spare bedroom set from R&F...............good luck w/both purchases....will be looking for some furniture this fall....will prob go back there to check it out................

Honored Contributor

When I lived up north I bought furniture from R&F with no problems.  Long gone are the days of quality furniture places as far as I'm concerned.

I remember when we were first married we had wonderful family-owned furniture stores who carried quality furniture.  I sometimes am sad that I sold so many beautiful pieces when I relocated (the price to move it was ridiculous) -- although, they say they are "high end" furniture stores here -- the quality is the same -- mediocore.

Now I buy

with the "thought process" if I get 5-6 years out of couch, chairs, etc. I'm happy!