Esteemed Contributor

Re: For the Avid Readers/Gardeners

I agree with @OKPrincess  about the beautiful quilt!  I like this room a lot.  Reminds me of yesteryear.  And that little ottoman is precious.  

Respected Contributor

Love it.Looks like a lovely cottage.

Trusted Contributor

I would spend all day in this room — love it!

Esteemed Contributor

The living room I grew up in had french doors going out to a wonderful all-weather porch, which let in all the natural light. Beside those french doors, Mom had custom built bookcases from floor to ceiling. They were lovely. (Our living room wasn't a raised ceiling like in this picture, of course.) She was an editor of the newspaper, as well as the book editor for many years. Our entire family devoured books. We had built-in bookcases in our bedrooms, the family room and the upstairs all-weather sleeping porch! 

There were also french doors leading into the living room from the front hallway and french doors on the other side of the front hallway leading into the dining room. When we had a fire in the fireplace, we would close both sets of french doors (by the front hallway) and the LR would be so toasty. The closed french doors also kept the warm air from the rest of the house from going up the chimney!

That home was such a great place to grow up in; a perfect family home.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

Love it!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice BUT a bit crowded....and where is the wall ladder to reach the books? Remove the drapes....not needed! 

PS: The additional picture shows way too much furniture clutter for the room!  Remove half the furniture, amoire, drapes, add a ladder, etc. and the room will open up to be nice, cozy and airy!

Honored Contributor

Seems like this room ought to be light and airy. The fabrics give it a heavy winter feel. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Lighting too limited for a serious reader.

Respected Contributor

I like this room, but I agree. Remove the curtains and let all of that glorious light and greenery into the room.

Esteemed Contributor

Love it love it love it. I would never want to leave. Can you imagine a nap in there on a summer day and rain hitting the roof. Ecstasy.