Honored Contributor

Re: Folklore Painted Cabinets

@Boomernichols wrote:

@wilma As my mom would say, too busy!  Although we had a dishwasher when I was living at home that you could change the panel on the front to different colors.

@Boomernichols 

We were never lucky enough to have a dishwasher when I was a child, but I remember those. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Agreed @wilma... Artistic though it might be, I could only appreciate this on a much smaller scale... Similar to Scandanavian folk art called rosmaling, which is lovely on an object or a piece of furtniture, but I wouldn't want a whole room of it...

The Painted Heron | Art decor, Norwegian rosemaling, Rosemaling ...

@stevieb 

Thanks for posting this photo. Very pretty design. 

Valued Contributor

@wilma 

@wilma wrote:

Do you like these painted cabinets? 

I can appreciate the artwork & talent, but it’s not for me. There’s too many competing patterns for my eyes. Painting the 2 doors under the sink the same design might be an interesting accent, if all the other cabinets were plain wood. 

FF7FB349-8041-4F2E-B898-039B85445758.jpeg

Maybe for Hansel and Gretel !

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@wilma 

@wilma wrote:

Do you like these painted cabinets? 

I can appreciate the artwork & talent, but it’s not for me. There’s too many competing patterns for my eyes. Painting the 2 doors under the sink the same design might be an interesting accent, if all the other cabinets were plain wood. 

FF7FB349-8041-4F2E-B898-039B85445758.jpeg

Maybe for Hansel and Gretel !

@pprmntstx 

Nailed it! 👍🤣

Valued Contributor

So artistically stunning, but not for a kitchen. It makes me feel nervous just looking at it😰

Respected Contributor

Remember when they used to sell Tatouge designs on hsn or here and I had that stuff all over.

I did the painted picket fence design on my bottom kitchen cabinets and at the time it was very cute. I did the animals on my dining room wall too! lol

Reminds me of that. Boy was that a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Remember when they used to sell Tatouge designs on hsn or here and I had that stuff all over.

I did the painted picket fence design on my bottom kitchen cabinets and at the time it was very cute. I did the animals on my dining room wall too! lol

Reminds me of that. Boy was that a long time ago.

@luvmyteddy4 

What a blast from the past! I remember those designs. I was tempted but never bought any. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, couldn't live w/that.  It looks cluttered to me and I can't handle clutter.

Honored Contributor

Between the painted cabinets, the design on the wall tile, and all the objects above the cabinets...too many patterns, and too much clutter! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”