Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried any of these bed in a box mattress that seem to be everywhere?

The trial periods seem to be generous 100 to 365, if you do not like they come and box it up and ship it back for free.

I learned about them recently at a party and a few people had tried them and raved, the one woman got rid of a $4000 mattress after trying one.  

If I had realized that there was SO MANY to select from I would have taken better notes.

So far I think we narrowed it down to a Leesa or a Ghost.

Has anyone here tried? Any reviews?

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Has anyone tried any of these bed in a box mattress that seem to be everywhere?

The trial periods seem to be generous 100 to 365, if you do not like they come and box it up and ship it back for free.

I learned about them recently at a party and a few people had tried them and raved, the one woman got rid of a $4000 mattress after trying one.  

If I had realized that there was SO MANY to select from I would have taken better notes.

So far I think we narrowed it down to a Leesa or a Ghost.

Has anyone here tried? Any reviews?

We will NEVER buy anything else, and all of the ones we've ever bought have either been from QVC or COSTCO. I 'm not sure but I think both Costco and QVC are cheaper than the two you mentioned.

Honored Contributor

I bought mine from the Q several years ago. I'm still very happy with it.  My queen-size mattress was around $600 and that was a special one-day price and, as I said, several years ago. PedicSolutions is the name of the brand.

Respected Contributor

We have one that we ordered from Amazon and we use it in the guest room., Everyone comments on how comfortable it is!

Valued Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

i am in the same mattress research mode but in no hurry. 

Consumer Reports Online has some good mattress information to consider. 

They like  *Serta Luxury Gel Infused Foam Memory Foam Mattress*    Best Buy  

Sells at SAMS CLUB, the Queen Size is $500.   My current mattress is a Queen size.  

Sam's Club SERTA also has an adjustable  foundation bed base I am considering.  

Recently stayed at a hotel in a  KING bed and am thinking about moving on UP.  

Keep Calm and Mattress On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

We love ours.  We put the mattress on our old box spring and it is perfect.  They do have to air out a couple days tho.  They have that synthetic smell.

Respected Contributor

They are hot tho..... and yes I havee the cooling gel pad.  They retain the heat.

Respected Contributor

@meem120  The comment about them being hot is interesting.....because that was my first question, as I had heard they can be hot.  People assured me that the newer ones that are aerated and have the better air flow are no hotter than a traditional mattress.  ???!!!?????

Respected Contributor

@gacat123 We are in the same boat.......

As for the Serta you mentioned, I have been told that one tends to be on the warmer to hot side.  But, since I tend to be cold.........  I am concerned for my DH who is like a furnance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Foam Mattress

[ Edited ]

About the warm factor of foam mattresses...it's been discussed in an earlier thread. I would post the link to it but I don't know how.  Anyway,  what I did to resolve the heat build-up was place a thick 100% wool blanket right on top of my mattress then cover the whole thing with a mattress protector. The wool blanket is a breathable, self-regulating temperature layer between you and the mattress. It limits the amount of heat transferred to the mattress, in short, resulting in a more comfortable surface. Maybe someone here who read that other thread could post a link to it. It was just about 2 or 3 weeks ago or so.

I found the thread..."Searching for cooling mattress protector"...just don't know how to post the link LOL!Woman LOL