Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2014 PKB said:

Ceramic tile that looks like wood

I have looked into this product. It looks just like wood and is perfect for kitchens and places where water can be a problem.

Honored Contributor

We have laminate from Costco, Harmonics I think it is called. After 7 years it still looks good with a dust mop and Swiffering. I use the Swiffer with the pad, not the one with the solution tank. I think the risk with that is getting too much liquid on it.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/3/2014 PKB said:

Ceramic tile that looks like wood

I have classic Bruce hardwood floors from Home Depot in my house. I would have engineered hardwood floors today. My sister has Pergo floors. They are pretty, but not for me.

I have a limestone in my bathrooms. If I had a family, I would have porcelain tile. Limestone is beautiful durable, but not for children or pets.

Frequent Contributor

We have ceramic tile in our kitchen and baths. BTW....I have never seen tile that looks like hardwood......very pretty. It's easy to clean and always looks fresh.

We have hardwoods thru the rest of our home. I do have a Nourisson rug under our DR table and chairs, which I love and gives the room a nice warmth.

Honored Contributor

My house is carpet, tile and hardwood. The hardwood in the dining room is beautiful and was installed 20+ years ago and we could never replace it for what it cost then.(i found the bill is was $200.00 for the product, my DH and a friend installed it).

A friend of mine in Florida pulled up all the carpet and put in tile, she likes it but says that noise is terrible, especially when the TV is on another friend that is a contractor put the vinyl planks (similar to an earlier post) in the kitchen. I am a bit snooty and was shocked to learn it was a vinyl plank, it was very pretty!

In my bath we put in a grouted,tile floor that 'floated' above the old floor, it is also very nice. I went that way so that the we did not have to put in a new sub floor, it was a quick installation (by a professional).

Honored Contributor
BTW - the vinyl wood plank flooring is very soft to walk on - not a hard concrete like surface as tile is. Not as soft as carpet - but a close second.
Honored Contributor

I'm liking some of the newer faux woods that literally 'click' into place. They really look like wood but with all the easy-care advantages of vinyl. They seem to be more durable than vinyl, and while I like stone, slate, marble, etc., they are very hard, unforgiving, crack and cold on the feet.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 3/4/2014 happy housewife said: BTW - the vinyl wood plank flooring is very soft to walk on - not a hard concrete like surface as tile is. Not as soft as carpet - but a close second.

Good point. When we put the vinyl wood flooring in our den, I thought it would be cold on the feet, but it actually had a little "give" to it and wasn't cold at all.