Honored Contributor

I use a battery operated vacuum designed for hard surfaces to "sweep" up bigger particles. Then I go over the floors with a dry Swiffer. It's a daily routine and only takes a few minutes.

Honored Contributor

I use a number of mops,  the swifter dry mop for pets,it picks up so much hair ,this golden loses so much hair, do not buy the swifter jet ,mine broke in no time there are many washable mops with pads  you can buy, i use a spray bottle with liquid,vinegar

mostly.Just bought a new mop , electric

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Floor Mop Saga

[ Edited ]

I buy most all of my dusting items like mop pads and dusters from MicrofiberWholesale dot com. It's an American family-owned small business based in California. The sell a variety of different kinds of mop pads in different sizes to fit your existing mop. They also sell the mop handles and mop kits, too. Everything ships for free (both ways) and shipping is very fast. I've been buying from them for several years.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest : What brand of electric mop? Please report back after you use it the pros and cons. I looked at QVC TSV  and the reviews were mixed. I found a highly rated one on Amazon but it was $139.

@goldensrbest wrote:

I use a number of mops,  the swifter dry mop for pets,it picks up so much hair ,this golden loses so much hair, do not buy the swifter jet ,mine broke in no time there are many washable mops with pads  you can buy, i use a spray bottle with liquid,vinegar

mostly.Just bought a new mop , electric

Respected Contributor

I have the rechargeable mop from Nellie's.  Got it sometime ago via Costco on line.  I love it.  My floors look amazing.  Even if I'm just doing a quick clean with a microfiber mop, I use their cleaner.  A little goes a long way.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for the suggestion on the microfiber site.  Microfiber is go good on floors and general cleaning

Respected Contributor

I have LPV on my downstairs floors.  I also have 3 dogs!  I don't dust the floors, instead I vacuum them 2 x a day with my cordless Dyson (which I love!!!). To mop my floors, which I did this am, I use the Bona mop with pads that are velcroed on.  It is rectangular but has a swivel so it does a good job getting into tight places and corners.  I use the Bona spray for LPV.  Good luck on your quest - it can be daunting!