Regular Contributor

Re: Floating Shelves as Feature Wall

I am not a fan of floating shelves.   I don't like them in kitchens either.   Just dust and dirt catchers and I would not

like to eat from a plate that sat there for a while.

Honored Contributor

I like the wood beam but that's about it. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll pass. Nothing about this room resonates with me, except maybe the beam.

I'd like to see more of the sofa. Perhaps it's salvageable. The chairs are just a bridge too far thanks to their gasrish metallic bases. I don't hate the rug. The shelves themselves have little appeal, but the rather tacky items placed on them is what sinks them, as far as I'm concerned.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I actually LOVE the shelves, and would proudly display a few of my Luminara candles, and some of my Valerie treasures there.❤ The mid-century modern chairs get two thumbs up!👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

No on the shelving and the sofa. Pink has to go (and I like pink but not this much in a family area).

Esteemed Contributor

It's OK but the shelves, circle and furnishings would have to be changed to other colors.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I do like the floating shelves but the items on it aren't my taste.  I would display some of my mother's antiques and give it a look I like.

Respected Contributor

I like everything about the room, @lolakimono , including the collection on the shelves. I like a little tongue-in-cheek in a room sometimes. The base of the chairs remind me of the round marble dining table I wanted (it was out of stock when I was ready to order) with that same brass cone base. To me, this is an updated version of mid-century modern.

Respected Contributor

Don't care for it at all. Looks silly.

Respected Contributor

A Definite NO!