Valued Contributor

Re: Flintstone House

[ Edited ]

It bought a big smile to my face when I saw your post title and connected it to your user name. Lol!  I remember watching the Flintstones and hearing Fred say," I love my mother-in-law, I love my mother-in-law." Whenever Wilma's henpecking mother would come visit.  It's now an inside joke between me and my son in law. Lol!

As for the house, I remember seeing it years ago in some magazine and thinking, no not for me. It would make a cool air bnb.

Your Wilma was a cutie!Heart

Honored Contributor

The views are lovely but the house is not at all appealing in any way for me.  It is very far away from my taste zone!

Honored Contributor

I think the exterior is very cool, but the interior is poorly done.  Had the interior been done tastefully, I think it would have sold quite quickly.  

While the exterior is interesting, the interior is cartoon-y, which I guess, was the ill-chosen goal.

Honored Contributor

Well, it grabs your attention.  The first room has a good view and that's about it for me.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think the exterior is very cool, but the interior is poorly done.  Had the interior been done tastefully, I think it would have sold quite quickly.  

While the exterior is interesting, the interior is cartoon-y, which I guess, was the ill-chosen goal.

All it proves is ****** Clark had very poor taste. Money does not buy taste. Not sure what the man was thinking if he had that custom designed.

Honored Contributor

It's not a house I would want to live in, but I'd love to see it!  It's very interesting and has a gorgeous view.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I love the first pic .. since the home is in the distance, it doesn't stand out to me to be a home, but instead something more natural against the landscaping & the skyline.  

As a close up, it's awful!  Can't imagine why anyone would what to live there , but hey, to each their own taste.  Cat Wink