Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I think I saw this on the news a while back.  If it's the same, the person who owns this house also had statues all around.  The neighbors complained it was becoming an eye sore and was going to sue.  

@ScrapHappy That was the Flintstone House in Hillsborough.  It sold a few years ago and the new owners put all kinds of dinosaur statues in the yard.  The neighbors complained and threatened to sue, but the new owners who are asian claimed it was racially motivated.  I believe the statues are still there.  Here's a more recent photo of the house:

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.21.59 AM.png

Smiley Surprised  Wow and to think my sister went nuts when her neighbor painted the house across the street smurf blue.  What is wrong with people?  I can think of ten billion other things to do with excess income of that magnitude.    

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

HEY WILMA.....

It is certainly unique and interesting....but the problem is, it doesnt look very comfortable......

Yarn | - Wilma. - Yes, Fred? ~ The Flintstones (1960) - S01E11 ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I remember seeing this house years ago when he owned it and I thought - it didn't seem like somethng he would have??  I think it's very interesting and so unique!  But would I want to live in it?  No, I don't think sol.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Cute to look at, but I could never live in it.

Esteemed Contributor

The house "no" but the views are a big "yes".  

The interior reminds me of the Cheesecake Factory in Chicago......kind of creepy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Interesting house.  Did the buyer raze it and start over? 

@ValuSkr 

Don’t think so. They may have changed interior furnishings but couldn’t really find photos of that if they did. 

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

It would have to be a no for me. It gives me the feeling that I would be living in a cave.

@Kitlynn 

I agree. Very cave-like. 

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

IMO..Fred and Wilma (not you Wilma) or Barney and Betty are the only ones who should live in this house.

I only like the view....the house is a definite NO for me. It shocks me that DC lived here..it appears to be so far from his appearance and personality.

@DREAMON 

Oh, my! I didn’t think of my username, Wilma, related to this house! I must be really out of it. 🤣 FYI Wilma is not my real name, but the name of my dog in my avatar who passed away in 2016. 

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@wilma We also have a house in one of our SF Bay area towns, Hillsborough, that is called the Flintstone House.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.10.44 AM.png

@Linmo 

I saw this one too in my Internet browsing. Thanks for posting it. Lots of orange. 😳

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@wilma 

HEY WILMA.....

It is certainly unique and interesting....but the problem is, it doesnt look very comfortable......

Yarn | - Wilma. - Yes, Fred? ~ The Flintstones (1960) - S01E11 ...

@Spurt 

I agree it doesn’t look comfortable.

As I replied to @DREAMON Wilma was my dog’s name, not mine, but I didn’t even think of Wilma Flinstone’s name when I originally posted this. Duh.