Honored Contributor
After I trashed LLBean, I should say something nice about them. I remember Consumer Reports said they had the best PERCALE sheets, if that is your thing.
Honored Contributor

For anyone looking for fleece sheets, BJ's Wholesale Club is now selling the Sunbeam fleece sheets at a very good price and they even have a $3 off coupon in their latest coupon book. The twin sheets were listed at $19.99 and with the coupon the final price was only $16.99. That's an incredibly good price for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor
I find cotton flannel hot, even in the winter except on the coldest days. I have a low thyroid and have hot flashes and night sweats. I would certainly find the polar fleece hot since they are poly. I got my flannels at Kohl's and Target before my thyroid started sweating me out of the bed at night. I now use Egyptian cotton in the winter, as they are thicker than regular cotton, and use sateen cotton in the summer.

For those that have the polar fleece from Q, do they cause you to run hot, especially those that have night sweats/hot flashes? I don't want to order them and then sweat like a race horse in August!
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I find cotton flannel hot, even in the winter except on the coldest days. I have a low thyroid and have hot flashes and night sweats. I would certainly find the polar fleece hot since they are poly. I got my flannels at Kohl's and Target before my thyroid started sweating me out of the bed at night. I now use Egyptian cotton in the winter, as they are thicker than regular cotton, and use sateen cotton in the summer.

For those that have the polar fleece from Q, do they cause you to run hot, especially those that have night sweats/hot flashes? I don't want to order them and then sweat like a race horse in August!

Tigriss, check out 100% cotton jersey  too, for the winter.

Just like a soft (& thicker) old T-shirt.  Smiley Happy

I use 100% cotton flannel, 100% cotton jersey, and 100% cotton sateen.

And they're of longer-lasting Egyptian cotton when I can afford it, LOL.

Bath towels and blankets made from it are also stronger and smoother.

Honored Contributor

I finally received my sheets. I washed them so I could make sure the fitted sheet would fit. No problem with the corners fitting, not much fabric to tuck in on the sides so hope it does not shrink as years go by. The fabric feels really soft & comfy. No pilling after the 1st wash. Still using the AC so I have not put them on the bed yet. Only thing I saw that I don't like is the stitching that was used to sew on the border on the top sheet & on the pillowcases. I don't sew so I had to look online to find the stitch. LOL!!! Looks like a chain stitch which is an open link that looks like holes IMO. I read it's a strong stitch. Looks like it would not take long for the borders to start coming loose. I guess time will tell. As soon as it gets cold enough for us to sleep on them I can see how we really like them. If I don't like them I will return them. They are guaranteed if any problems at any time you can return. Seems odd you can return any time? I have never returned anything to LLB so I don't know how that policy works.

Trusted Contributor

HI............just throwing my 2cents in.  We have a queen size bed, sleep in flannel all year round,live in AZ.  I buy our sheets at Target after the holidays for usually less than $10.00 a set.  I have 2 sets that are probably 8yrs old,still nice, bought 2Q,1T set last year.  So we are set. I have thyroid coldness and BC hot flashes, however these sheets are very comfortable.         tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I finally received my sheets. I washed them so I could make sure the fitted sheet would fit. No problem with the corners fitting, not much fabric to tuck in on the sides so hope it does not shrink as years go by. The fabric feels really soft & comfy. No pilling after the 1st wash. Still using the AC so I have not put them on the bed yet. Only thing I saw that I don't like is the stitching that was used to sew on the border on the top sheet & on the pillowcases. I don't sew so I had to look online to find the stitch. LOL!!! Looks like a chain stitch which is an open link that looks like holes IMO. I read it's a strong stitch. Looks like it would not take long for the borders to start coming loose. I guess time will tell. As soon as it gets cold enough for us to sleep on them I can see how we really like them. If I don't like them I will return them. They are guaranteed if any problems at any time you can return. Seems odd you can return any time? I have never returned anything to LLB so I don't know how that policy works.

Yep.

The same with Lands' End and Eddie Bauer.

Contributor

Can anyone recommend a particular brand/set of flannels from Kohls. I prefer to shop there but they carry several different brands and I want to be sure to purchase the best ones.

Super Contributor

You can get flannel at Costco, Kohls, Walmart, JCP and Target!  They are the most common type of sheets I see every Christmas season.  I have one cal king set from JCP and I have had them for years here in CA.  Waiting to be able to use them!

Respected Contributor
Remember this Thanksgiving and Black Friday, that sheets will be all over the various retailer's websites. I've stopped going to Black Friday due to the horrible crowds, driving 3+ hours, gas, eating out, a really long day, etc. I now sit in my chair Thanksgiving morning while I get things going, I'm up at 5, and shop. I follow the prices for that night and shop after I'm stuffed and again on Black Friday. No need to fight the crowds. I'm in rural Georgia and find the local shopping at WalMart to be worse than a prison riot. We have the police stationed at those special deals, but even getting a ticket for that deal and being in line doesn't mean that you get what you had the ticket for. The police arrest many people each year for assault and destruction of property.