Regular Contributor

Flameless candles-why no more 10 hour timers?

I have purchased many flameless candles over the years, mostly Candle Impressions and have been very pleased with them.  I have not had to buy any in a while, but in searching for a gift I have found that the 5 hour timers are what is available.  I am dissappointed and wonder what caused the change.  I love the 10 hour timers because I use them as night lights.  Having the candles in the on position I think is a waste of battery.  Another good item no longer available!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Flameless candles-why no more 10 hour timers?

[ Edited ]

I like the 10 hour option, too.

Candle Impressions has a new line called Mirage, and some of them come with programmable timers, which you can set for any length you want, between 1 and 23 hours. 

Honored Contributor

I took out some candle impressions candles last week.  I had them in the closet, but never used them.  It was a set of 3 with graduated heights.  They had a 5 and 10 hour timer.  If I knew, I forgot.  I was pleasantly surprised.  That also reminded me that I should check what I have before buying.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Candle Impressions has a new line called Mirage, and some of them come with programmable timers, which you can set for any length you want, between 1 and 23 hours. 

I like Candle Impressions best because of the programmable timers. I have some that are really old that have that, and as @SHOPR has said, their Mirage line has programmable timers too. 

I love being able to set them for just how long I want, and not being dictated a set timer function. I'm guessing if CI can do this, and their candles are some of the most reasonable in price, all the candle companies could be doing this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I like Candle Impressions best because of the programmable timers. I have some that are really old that have that, and as @SHOPR has said, their Mirage line has programmable timers too. 

I love being able to set them for just how long I want, and not being dictated a set timer function. I'm guessing if CI can do this, and their candles are some of the most reasonable in price, all the candle companies could be doing this.

@Mominohio, Have you noticed that some of the Mirage candles on QVC only come with 5-hour timers?  I saw that on a couple of the styles.  Makes no sense.  They have a good thing going with the programmable timer, so why skimp on some and not include it? 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio, Have you noticed that some of the Mirage candles on QVC only come with 5-hour timers?  I saw that on a couple of the styles.  Makes no sense.  They have a good thing going with the programmable timer, so why skimp on some and not include it? 

@SHOPR

No! I hadn't noticed that! I did notice that a number of newer Mirage have come out in the last couple of months, but I have to say I don't really care for most of them, so didn't check them out closely.

I would assume that the programmable timer workings are more expensive than having a set number of hours, and like everything else in the world, they are cheapening them (forgoing the programmable) to save money. Just a guess, but that would seem a reason.

Could be that some people have complained about the programmable timers. They can be tricky to get the hang of. I know my mom can't do it and I have to set hers for her. I suppose if enough people complained about them, they might consider getting rid of them, too. 

Honored Contributor

10 hour timers? Eee gad you must be constantly replacing batteries! All of mine have 5 hour timers which is perfect! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

Actually I find my 10 hour timers do not go through batteries that much, especially the ones that use C batteries.

Regular Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Actually I find my 10 hour timers do not go through batteries that much, especially the ones that use C batteries.

I completely agree.  I get several months worth of use.  This is why I wish they would continue the 10 hour timers.  I have not tried the programable timers yet,  but might have to consider them if that is the only option.  Thanks for all of your feedback and responses!