Respected Contributor

At the end of the show they carry in new furniture. Was that part of the budget or just for the photo shoot? Is there room for personal items?

Honored Contributor

Re: Fixer Upper question

[ Edited ]

I hope it's part of the remodel but I'm not sure. I always wondered the same thing. 

I know she does add in some of your things. I think they go over that off camera. I know the owners things are incorporated throughout the home as it is in some of the other shows on HGTV.

Contributor

I just Googled this yesterday. The furniture and decorations are all for staging.  It said they have the options to buy items, but most have no money left.

Esteemed Contributor

@aproudmom, Did it include those pieces built by Clint. He makes beautiful Islands, dining tables, kids tables and other special pieces. 

Honored Contributor

If it's a permanent fixture, it's part of the budget. Otherwise, it's staging and they have to buy it or out it goes.

You'll notice that when they build things for the kids, Jo will mention "this is a gift" for the girls/boys/kids...that means she and Cliff are actually giving it to the family at no cost to them.

I always wondered why they never or rarely used the furniture the couple actually owns. Is it that bad? That old? Don't have any? To me, I don't want to see a stage, I want to see MY STUFF in the house, you know?

Valued Contributor

It’s staged just for the show.  They can buy it if they want

i guess they don’t use the homeowners’ furniture because it won’t go with the esthetic of the new home.   

Clint’s pieces are really expensive.  I looked at his site.   They’re beautiful though 

Esteemed Contributor

Because Clint's pieces are custom they are likely purchased by the homeowners.

His pieces are pricey. You can likely find a creaftsman locally to build what you want.