Respected Contributor

Re: First the dishwasher now the microwave!

My GE Profile above the range microwave was made and purchased in 2002; still going strong. My Kenmore upright freezer in the garage is over 30 years old and still humming....they don't make them like they used to...

Honored Contributor

Appliances today don't last a lifetime.  9 years is a long time for a microwave.   We We bought this condo, the dishwasher was 3 years old.  We had to replace it 4 years ago.  

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife  Just wait for it, the appliance cycle usually comes in threes............

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

My old dryer lasted 32 years, washer 25 years, now my fridge is 22, but an appliance salesman told me a few years ago, now days they are built to last avg of 8 years. My new dryer is now 11. 

@Shelbelle   of course on something like a washer or dryer... it depends on how many times a week you are using them  one person say vs a family... most likely the one person would have the appliance last longer.....

where with say a refrigerator...it runs 24 hours a day 365 days a year....  it would not realy matter the size of the family...