Honored Contributor

That's a great picture of your family.  I agree with the poster that said you should frame it and put it in your new house.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

How AWESOME!  Your dog is going to love it there!  The boys looked like they were having fun!  I'm so glad the journey has finally begun!

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday, Oh how fun. I selected everything and am so happy I did. Hope everything goes well 

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a video we took tonight of Chloe digging in a dirt pile. She had so much fun.

https://youtu.be/QaZrWOXPUO0

Respected Contributor
We don't have basements down here, or you would have an indoor pools. It is cool how they dig a hole and basically put a house on top. We have slab or raised foundation houses, so nothing as dramatic as a basement being put in with all the support and then the house on top. I'm just used to seeing excavators digging ponds and not basements.

Just keep telling yourself....IT IS HERE!! IT HAS BEGUN!!!
Respected Contributor
I just watched the video! You are so going to have to leave a sand pile for her. She needs dirt to feel like a real free dog. She can get mess and dig and be happy and woller all in the mud and all, then get a bath and be pretty again! She is just so happy to have such an earthy smell to bath in. Dirt is the best perfume for a dog. It is like what catnip is to cats!
Respected Contributor
I just noticed that your dad is wearing a Superman tee shirt under a Hawaiian print type shirt. I hope he takes that relaxed humor with him as you build the house and things pop up. He is a character! :-)
Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I just noticed that your dad is wearing a Superman tee shirt under a Hawaiian print type shirt. I hope he takes that relaxed humor with him as you build the house and things pop up. He is a character! :-)

We went to leave Sat for the kids party and my mom goes you don't match.😂. He goes I wasn't going for matching.

Super Contributor

What a great idea to have the family start the digging!! That is a very nice picture and will be a wonderful keepsake for all of you.  Congrats and enjoy the process.  We built our home 25 years ago, but I don't remember a lot of it as I had a newborn during the process. It is fun to be the first residents in a house and have everything brand new!

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday, congratulations! We have been through major renovations, but never had the opportunity to build....We always took pictures, and you will be glad you are!

That property is gorgeous: I can't wait until Autumn to see the trees there: living in Florida, I miss that!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2