Esteemed Contributor

My dad is having so much fun watching them put the basement in. He has been over there for two days all day. My mom and I went over last night as they were finishing digging. There is a family building on one of the other lots. Finally met the him last night.

Regular Contributor

Good Luck with your new build!  We are just getting into our new home in a small town in Western Colorado.  Our build took 13 months but we had a few delays along the way.  So many decisions to make!

Esteemed Contributor

@AspenQn wrote:

Good Luck with your new build!  We are just getting into our new home in a small town in Western Colorado.  Our build took 13 months but we had a few delays along the way.  So many decisions to make!

Most of our decisions were made before they started. The builder has a showroom and my parents went in and picked out everything before the paperwork was even sent to the bank. They had everything done in about 4 or 5 hours. My mom new what she wanted which made it easy. The only thing they have to do is go to lighting next week. We will probably buy most of the lighting fixtures ourselves. We will use the allowance but everything above that we will buy. They also have to go to the cabinet maker. Color of cabinets and island is done. They just have to make a few tweaks to the design and pick out hardware. Right now they are scheduled to be finished on Feb 28th. That's about six months. 

Regular Contributor

Are you building a semi-custom?  We just moved out of Denver to a small mountain community and built a true custom home...that's why it took so long!  We had to decide on everything right down to the door stops!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First dig of new house

[ Edited ]

@AspenQn wrote:

Are you building a semi-custom?  We just moved out of Denver to a small mountain community and built a true custom home...that's why it took so long!  We had to decide on everything right down to the door stops!

It's a full custom home. This builder just happens to have a showroom so you don't have to go running around to all these places.  The only place they did go to was the granite yard so they could see the full slab of granite they had picked out. Which is good because they ended up not liking it and changed it. But before anything goes to the bank your selections are already done.  Plus all our permits and everything have been done since beginning of June. We just had to wait to get our house sold to start.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday, I am excited for you and your family.  What fun photos and doggie video.  Thanks for sharing and best of luck with the building process.

Esteemed Contributor

FullSizeRender.jpgThey got a lot done in three days.

Regular Contributor

Wow! They sure did! How exciting!