Honored Contributor

Re: Firepit Patio- Hot or Not?

[ Edited ]

No. Not a fan of smoke in the air. My neighbor's wood grill is bad enough.Woman Tongue

Around here we have "No Burn " days because of the dry conditions.

Honored Contributor

If I had a family and entertained, I'd love a fire pit.  They've been popular since cavemen stared into the flames and told hunting stories and they're not going away. 

I couldn't tell you how many evenings I've spend in RV and state/federal parks with others gathered around a communal campfire.  It's something that brings strangers  together, and soon you're chatting like old friends. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@lolakimono

Totally HOTTTT! Smiley Happy

I love this! A friend of mine has this (well, a built in one) in her home in Flagstaff, AZ! I wish we could have this here, but where we live the weather is way too rainy. It just is not practical to have furniture outdoors in the open. If I lived in a more arid climate, I would definitely be wanting a fire pit and patio furniture, etc. It would be so much fun to entertain with!

Several times during the Fall at the family beach home, we have a bon fire on the beach at night. I love it so much! 

Honored Contributor

Oh, it's hot, in my neck of the woods anyway. We have a large, inground pool and along one side is a large firepit which is used regularly all spring through fall. And @RedTop...I love a good brushpile burning too.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

We live in the country, and have a campfire ring in the backyard a bit away from the house. We used it quite a bit when my son was little, but less as time goes on because we aren't all at home at the same time very often anymore.

If I were buying, building a home, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but one done well, and away from the house would be nice.

Honored Contributor

I love the smell of wood burning, as far as a firepit my son has one he built ,he grills on it the food tastes soooo good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I would love one with the right setting. We don't have the best setting for one right now, but I definitely like them....... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I had nothing else to do with my money then maybe... maybe... an outdoor firepit, fireplace or kitchen would be on the to do list... As it is, if it's cold enough to warrant a fire, odds are, I'm going to be inside... I also tend to do my meal preparation inside and that's all right with me... My one nod to outdoor living, had I the capacity to have one, would be a screened in porch... Now that's something I'd truly love to have...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the outdoor room pictured, the individual elements are all attractive, but were I to do the firepit thing, I think I'd prefer something a little less 'designer'...  The chairs are nice looking but even with outdoor fabric, not sure how practical or desirable white is for outside use...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I'd rather have a hot tub and a huge inground swimming pool  Woman Very Happy