Esteemed Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

If you have white cabinets and an espresso brown island, the black accents might be too busy.  Would you be better off with a tonal deep bronze metal or something like that that will tie the island in with the rest of the room as that tonal color is repeated in the fixtures around the room?  I'd get a metal that goes beautifully with the island.

Thanks. She did go ahead and ordered the pendants. Overstock had a price that couldn't be beat. The island granite is thunder white. It is white with gray swirls. It has specks of burgundy in it. It's pretty light.  Hopefully everything will look good. She ended up switching to the gunmetal hardware.

Esteemed Contributor

@scraphappy wrote:

I moved into a new home last summer.  The kitchen has oil rubbed bronze faucets and the lighting is matte black.  It looks nice.  My only suggestion would be not to go for dark paint colors.  The previous owner painted the eat in area a dark brown it's all just too dark for me.  Need to repaint.  But like I said, it's nice.  It's not particulary what I would of picked out for myself...I like cleaner lines and lighter colors now.

Paint color is sherwin Williams functional gray.

Respected Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I would definitely use the same finishes and would pick the oil rubbed bronze.  If you use different finishes it will look like they were added at different times.  I think it would be a huge mistake to use two different finishes.

This too, would be my choice as  @NickNack so well explained.......

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I would definitely use the same finishes and would pick the oil rubbed bronze.  If you use different finishes it will look like they were added at different times.  I think it would be a huge mistake to use two different finishes.

This too, would be my choice as  @NickNack so well explained.......

She is going to look for a black chandelier before she buys this one. She thinks the chandelier was almost black even though it says oil rubbed bronze. I can't wait for her to get the pendants next week.  If she can't find a black chandelier for the dining area she is going to get the one that says oil rubbed and see how it looks with the pendants. If it doesn't look good she will return it to menards.

Our cabinet guy said in about two weeks he will be out there taping out where the island and sink go along with the cabinets. That's as long as the framing is done. The framers did such a good job on the basement so my dad wanted the same crew. That's why we have had a two week delay. Hopefully that gets started Monday.