Honored Contributor

Re: Finding it difficult to find a rental

@ccassaday wrote:

The lady that bought our house has agreed to let us stay until noon on the 11th. So we may not have to stay with my sister. Our apartment should be ready by then. We might have to have the moving company load everything on the 10th but just not deliver it until the 11th. If that is possible.

That should work out.  I've done that before.  I'm glad everything is working out for you.  I hope your surgery goes smoothly.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

The lady that bought our house has agreed to let us stay until noon on the 11th. So we may not have to stay with my sister. Our apartment should be ready by then. We might have to have the moving company load everything on the 10th but just not deliver it until the 11th. If that is possible.

That should work out.  I've done that before.  I'm glad everything is working out for you.  I hope your surgery goes smoothly.

Thank you. I don't really feel to nervous about the surgery. Especially since the first one went well. I would think the first one was a harder surgery then the second. We will see. I am only in the hospital as out patient under observation. So usually that only means 24 hours.  I am glad I don't have to go in the day before like last time. But so much to look forward to after coming home. Praying everything goes just as smooth. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday,   How about a larger apartment home?  I have see and actually lived in one where they will give you a shorter lease.  Can you have your real estate person also set you in the right direction?  You really need to be using agencies.  Looking at ads in the paper will take forever.  Good luck.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ccassaday,   How about a larger apartment home?  I have see and actually lived in one where they will give you a shorter lease.  Can you have your real estate person also set you in the right direction?  You really need to be using agencies.  Looking at ads in the paper will take forever.  Good luck.  Cat Happy

We found a apartment. It's over 1000 sq feet. Bigger and nicer then all the crappy rentals in that same price range were.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

We found a apartment. It's over 1000 sq feet. Bigger and nicer then all the crappy rentals in that same price range were.

So the apartment let you have your dog? They are funny about weight and breed restrictions.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

So the apartment let you have your dog? They are funny about weight and breed restrictions.

Yes. There is no weight limit. Only breed restrictions. She is a silly golden retriever. They even have a on site dog park for the residence that is all fenced in.

Honored Contributor

Glad that is all settled. Good for your parents. Apparently they knew what they were doing all along, lol. Yea, now everyone can relax, except for the moving into it part. Ugh.
Good luck and my best to you with your surgery.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1 wrote:
Glad that is all settled. Good for your parents. Apparently they knew what they were doing all along, lol. Yea, now everyone can relax, except for the moving into it part. Ugh.
Good luck and my best to you with your surgery.

This apartment was really the last hope. Good thing it worked out. It's nice to feel more relaxed this weekend. They spent the day emptying rooms upstairs. I think they took 4 carloads over to my sisters. My dad said he can finally relax knowing we have a place. The moving won't be a big deal. Movers are going to move the handful of heavy items. Everything else left is just our everyday stuff.