Valued Contributor

Finally found it, TV Stand/Dresser

I have been searching for about a month on Facebook Marketplace and Craiglist for a long low dresser to redo and use for the TV in the living room. Got one tonight for FREE! A man about 6 blocks from me is moving and put out several pieces of furniture for free. I'm so excited because it is perfect. 

I think I am going to leave the top the same, (it's a oak color right now) and paint the bottom cream and the handles dark brown/black.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

Re: Finally found it, TV Stand/Dresser

@redhead handbag queen.  Don't you love it when a plan comes together for free?  Have fun with your project.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I know! I thought I would have to rent a truck because of how far out we live so it couldn't have worked out any better!

Honored Contributor

I love when that happens...

Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen  be sure to take before and after photos! I love these type of projects.

Esteemed Contributor

@redhead handbag queen. don´t you just love Facebook Marketplace? I haven´t gotten any thing for free yet but we are doing some flipping and thatś my ´go to place

On Sunday we got a one month old electric stove for $220. The gentleman said they just moved into a brand new house and the wife decided she preferred a built in double oven.  We were happy to take it.

Glad you found exactly what you were looking for

Valued Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@redhead handbag queen. don´t you just love Facebook Marketplace? I haven´t gotten any thing for free yet but we are doing some flipping and thatś my ´go to place

On Sunday we got a one month old electric stove for $220. The gentleman said they just moved into a brand new house and the wife decided she preferred a built in double oven.  We were happy to take it.

Glad you found exactly what you were looking for

I know I was so excited first thing this morning I went out to the garage to look at it again! 

I love Marketplace almost more than stores, so many original things, provides alot of inspiration too.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@redhead handbag queen  be sure to take before and after photos! I love these type of projects.

I do this on all my projects and I also use them if I sell the item down the road (this dresser is staying though).