Honored Contributor

Finally , finished painting our house today.

[ Edited ]

This all started out on Feb 14th - my anniversary. We got an e mail saying they would be here in 4 days. Feb 22 they finally showed up to power wash pre to painting. Finally actually started painting about March 15 and finished today. I do have to admit - all except the house numbers - they did a fabulous job. (house # look terrible - I will redo them). The house looks really nice - but honestly - 7 weeks ago we were told they would be here in 4 days. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally , finished painting our house today.

@151949 What colors did you choose?I bet it looks so fresh for spring.

Honored Contributor

@151949

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I'm glad your pleased. I have to say I can't wait til ours are done the new paint colors they selected are updated & fresh.  They also put new house #s on both houses and mailbox posts.

now you can relax & enjoy before you head north! 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Sure wish that painting our house included painters.When it's time at the Whatnow residence we all get on our painting clothes and don brushes.We each get a gallon of paint and a ladder.LOL.I wish my DH didn't believe in involving us in his diy projects.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Is your friend's house finished yet?

Honored Contributor

Our HOA chooses the colors but I like how it turned out. I light butter yellow, pure white trim and the front door is very dark green. I wasn't home when they came to paint and they asked the housekeeper to chose a color - she picked very dark forest green. I love it! I would have picked the same color.

Honored Contributor

@151949

yes they finished the sub-division last Friday. Everyone is very pleased in fact, they came back Monday to finish putting the house #s on.

The color is a updated biegy color with white trim. Doors are done in either black, green, rust red or dark beige. I think most kept the original door color.

This complex is 22 years old & looks like new construction with these newer fresher updates.

My friend who passed his family built a beautiful waterfall at our main entrance in his memory, what a difference!

im so glad you're happy it was stressful but well worth it right!

(me on the other hand am always the one with issues😉I had electrician install new kitchen chandelier & lighting -- so I look at it today ugh one of the arms on the chandelier is bent so it's "crooked"😤! I guess he figured I wouldn't notice - really!!! Then my 5 year old microwave decided to bite the dust....oh gotta love it!)

Respected Contributor

I hired a man to paint my house in San Diego - very small house.  He took a couple of months to paint it - his price was very low compared to others.  His only request was that he worked as he wanted and could bring his dog with him.  It didn't bother me - I was away at work all day - it was lovely once he completed it.  It bothered the neighbors more because it took so long - oh well. 

Regular Contributor

Finally is right. It sounds like you waited quite a while for this project to be completed. I am happy for you that it is done and that you are pleased with how it looks. Enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Our HOA chooses the colors but I like how it turned out. I light butter yellow, pure white trim and the front door is very dark green. I wasn't home when they came to paint and they asked the housekeeper to chose a color - she picked very dark forest green. I love it! I would have picked the same color.

I LOVE the buttery yellow color with white trim! Why? That's the same color we have for our cottage! Such a cottagey color! But what other colors did you have to choose from for the front door? I just cannot picture a very, dark green to to be the "welcoming" color for your house color. I don't have a front "door" on ours. We have large sliders and all windows facing the lake but on our "carriage house" in the back, we have a bright red door that leads up to the living quarters above the garage. Wow! That red door just pops against the yellow! It's pretty awesome! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"